Rolling Floor Jack

• I wasn't sure if this would be in the Swap Meet section or in here, but figured I can decide later after a few responses.

Rolling floor jack for the garage - my last one was the prototypical yellow and black Craftsman model that came with two matching jack stands. I've rebuilt it twice and didn't want to go for three times as it almost dropped my car at an inopportune moment. Hence, I left it at the end of the driveway for a day or so until it "disappeared".

Time for a replacement and hopefully an upgrade. I'm wanting one that is low profile to hopefully fit under our little car, yet still be long enough to have a good reach underneath and also raise high to get some distance under the Jeep's axles. My last one got me a good 13-14 years of use with a couple of rebuilds. I don't care how heavy it is as I'm only dragging it around my smooth garage floor. Does anyone have a preference on models, brands, locations, etc?

• I just bought an aluminum 3 ton Arcan low profile jack from northern tools.. It was around $250.00 shipped..seems well constructed but I have not used it under a vehicle yet.. Just used it on the wife's Mini and it fit underneath easily and was quick up and quick down..Is it better than my Craftsman aluminum jack I had for 10 yrs? Hard to say, does it do it's job and was cheaper than the craftsman 3 ton aluminum jack, yes..

http://www2.northerntool.com/a…air/jacks/item-149201.htm

• Costco up here has a nice Arcan 3.5 ton low profile aluminum jack I've been eyeballing. My other option was the biggest craftsman aluminum model. My craftsman aluminum 1.5 ton? has held up to 6 years of extreme abuse. That being said its seen better days. It still works but doesn't lift like it used to. It really really dislikes lifting my Diesel. My dad has had a nice Blackhawk he got from northern for about 15 years no rebuilds. Still works great.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'm going to keep looking at the Arcan models as they seem to have good reviews online. Isn't Costco one of the pay-to-join wholesale stores like Sam's Club? I'm not a member and it's quite the hike unless I head there after work some day.

• Yeah you need a membership but I can meet you over there one day on your lunch break or after work if you want. It's right by the Christiana mall.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'm not a fan of Harbor Freight but I bought this a year ago and have been happy with it so far. http://www.harborfreight.com/a…ton-heavy-duty-68048.html I bought this jack to keep at my girlfriends house and have used it a few time to jack up my diesel Dodge pick-up seem to work as good as the Snap-on 3 ton floor jack I have at home that is 15-20 years old now.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Go with the arcan, I bought one on a whim, and it was the best ive bought, had it for about 8 years now, only complaint is since i drag it on asphalt the bolts come loose.. but im to lazy to actually locktite them in. it works great and has awesome lift height. and its lite engough to throw in the jeep to take it somewhere.

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• I'm not a fan of Harbor Freight but I bought this a year ago and have been happy with it so far. http://www.harborfreight.com/a…ton-heavy-duty-68048.html I bought this jack to keep at my girlfriends house and have used it a few time to jack up my diesel Dodge pick-up seem to work as good as the Snap-on 3 ton floor jack I have at home that is 15-20 years old now.

I second this, I bought it specifically to install my lift kit, and it was only 99 bucks. Handles the weight just fine, no matter where you put it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!