jk front bumper suggestions

• I'm looking for ideas on how to add a front receiver and winch mounting provisions to the JK without going to a crazy "offroad" bumper. ive seen the addon winch plates but don't like the way they sit on top of the bumper, and the recessed idea looks great, but that would limit clearance options for the receiver.

any suggestions? i dont mind the plastic bumper...want to retain fog lights.

• The one Matt posted is the one on my JK. I mainly got it because it was cheaper and could handle a surf rack. Mounting a winch would be quite a job and would likely make buying one with a mount already built in a better choice.

I really like that stubby look on my JK though much better than factory or something that comes all the way across the tires. It's also functional for crawling, not that it is an issue with my JK. ;)

If you have the time, take it up to Zach. He can tweak you bumper any way you want.

This one doesn't look bad at all and would be my choice if my Jeep wasn't a beach cruiser. http://www.atozfabrication.com…tid=165957&cat=258&page=1 You can do it with or without the stinger and grill guard.

• I've seen step hitch mounts that bolt up right under the bumper.... Might have to drill a few holes but they only about a 500# load capacity. I have a few laying around if you want me to send you a picture let me know. I actually scrapped the idea for my yj you can have them if you want them.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• nice and simple, price seems right.. think im going to draw something up when i get time and shoot it off to zach and see what he can come up with.

• That looks like a great deal actually.... Check out metalcloak.com they have some pretty sick bumpers and you can build what you want. I'm looking @ thier flares now. But thier bumpers are really nice.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Saw this today if it helps.

[quote author=AtoZ Fabrication]After a bunch of requests for what we were going to do for a New Years sale, I just made a new discount code: NEWYEAR2013 . Use that through January 2nd for a 20% discount on any order over $200 from our core category: AtoZ Fab Products. That includes all of the products that we directly manufacture like our rocker guards, our bumpers, the DIY Fab Parts, etc.

Thanks for all of the business this year and we look forward to 2013![/quote]

• Saw this today if it helps.

[quote author=AtoZ Fabrication]After a bunch of requests for what we were going to do for a New Years sale, I just made a new discount code: NEWYEAR2013 . Use that through January 2nd for a 20% discount on any order over $200 from our core category: AtoZ Fab Products. That includes all of the products that we directly manufacture like our rocker guards, our bumpers, the DIY Fab Parts, etc.

Thanks for all of the business this year and we look forward to 2013!

[/quote]

shot him an email earlier...he had some suggestions im going to look into. I really like the look of the Hanson medium bumper, but want the receiver too. we will see what i can come up with.

• Might wanna check out metalcloak.com too. They have some nice bumpers and flares.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!