FRIDAY NIGHT LIFT!!

• I have the bushings, and will try to start removing the old ones at 4:30pm tonight, anyone want to help? Pizza? Beers? Cutting wheel?

anyone?

...please?

DrJ

• ....sawzall...?

Some prefer a sawzall. I preferred my cutting wheel and a BFH.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Ask him to bring his cutter, just in case Jeff doesn't make it. I'll replace the wheels of course.

THANKS!!

DrJ

• I dunno... I've never done this before. BBD gave me an idea of how, and I've asked if he can come by. Seems straightforward enough though. Bring what you think. I have lots of sockets and wrenches, hammers, etc.

Maybe a 1/2" drive socket set and a breaker bar? I have a Haynes manual and a torque wrench... and the internet.

DrJ

• oh, want me to grab a 12 pack of something too? lastly, if you have pb blaster go ahead and soak down everything now. we may get lucky and have some bolts/nuts back off without the grinder :)
    chris (loves cutting stuff off with the wheel though)

• Well, it's done! I had the front shackles done by 5:00pm when Chris and Erica showed up. Chris and I did the rears in about an hour and a half, stopped for pizza, and finished up around 7:30-8:00. no cutting, no serious problems. The bushings RE sent for the rears were too big, so I had to re-use the old bushings. I'll email them about it, but swapping them out is now not a big deal since the bolts face outward now.

It drives much smoother, turns better, and seems overall much more solid. I gained 1 3/4" on the lift and over an inch on the tires, so it looks noticeably taller now. If there's a break in the rain tomorrow, I'll get a photo or two posted.

Thanks for the advice everyone, and letting me ask the stupid questions. Thanks Chris for helping. Anyone want to do a shackle lift on a YJ, let me know, I'll help, it was EASY!!!

DrJ

• glad you got it done steve...... I hope all works out well for you with it. if they dont do something for those and they will fit in the dom tube I have I will give you a few buck for them sounds to me you got the rear spring front bushings.....

• The vertical rear cargo area net for a Liberty from Raingler. We use it to keep our Lab from coming up between the seats.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!