** DEJA Trail Ride @ RC Sat Feb 23 2013 Signup **

• I really wish I could make this. My steering is fixed.

But family comes first.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Just a weather heads up, not sure what they are forecasting for Delaware, but there is a winter weather advisory in effect from chester county pa to all points north...Rain and freezing rain starting at 7 tonight and staying on the icy side until about 10 AM saturday morning possibly lasting longer points north. I will be watching this closely as I had the misfortune of hitting black ice AT LOW SPEED in the jeep before, let me tell ya short wheel base and ice don't mix. Thank god i hit nothing or no one I'm not bailing yet but watching carefull. Jeff what are the people that you know close to Rausch saying?

Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Edited once, last by hookedonthebay ().

• Yeah I, not making the trip if they are calling for ice. I'll check again later today with him, last night he said they were only calling for 30% of snow tonight and 40% of snow for tomorrow. I'm still planning on going as of now, I figure I'm heading out in the morning and if it gets bad ill head home.

• sounds like a plan, I'm willing to give it a try but agree to turn around if necessary. if it were to be just snow i'd go no matter what

• R u driving your rig or do you trailer? Im trying to figure who is going what way to possibly caravan up. I only know the Lebanon route.

• Just had the NWS on and don't look good (Winter weather advisory2000hrs Fri till1000hrs Sat for Berks Co)mixed precip snow/sleet/fr rain changing to all rain by lunch. May be icy! Good luck and be carefull!

• I'm towing my rig up. I saw on the weather they are calling for sleet snow mix tonight into tomorrow morning. My hope is that they will treat the roads so we should be good. Snow and ice will add to the fun while wheeling.

• We're out. Looks like we've got to put our Dalmatian of 14 years out of her misery. :( For the first time since 1988, this house will be without a dog. ;(

I know that feeling, it's terrible. We were dog-less for nearly a year after our 13 year old Akita had to go down. Was nice to get another though, with our Berner.

I'm also not able to make it, too much going on.

• Just got off the phone with rc. They said there is only some snow left in areas where the sun doesn't hit it. Tomorrow is only a 30% of freezing rain in the morning then rain. I'm getting stuff loaded up and will be ready to roll in the morning. :driving:

• Thanks for all that showed up yesterday! What a great day of wheelin, it was actually great weather and great wheelin. We will get a trail report up soon.

Thank you Jeff for being the guide for the day. We had a blast! good choice of trails made for a good day of wheelin with a shitty ending. Thank you everyone that came to this run.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!