heater core replacement

• ok so my yjs heater core is now starting to leak and i have the new one. but my issue is that since i have to take the whole housing out that i might as well replace the blower motor too just in case. but as i been looking for a new motor all these different ones keep showing up and was hoping for some insight on what the best one would be.

• Quick search turned up this...
    Napa p/n 655-1039
    but I think that was on a CJ. Not sure if a YJs the same.

Ps- sorry bout not getting back to you Sunday night. We didn't get back from KoP til almost 10.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'm pretty sure YJ ducts and CJ ducts were the same but I thought the Blazer motor upgrade was a CJ thing. I thought YJs had better blower motors in them. I have the Blazer motor in mine and it's awesome. Big improvement.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm pretty sure YJ ducts and CJ ducts were the same but I thought the Blazer motor upgrade was a CJ thing. I thought YJs had better blower motors in them. I have the Blazer motor in mine and it's awesome. Big improvement.

If i'm not mistaken the early YJ's had the old style blower motor(1987-maybe 1990?). I know my 1992 and 1994 YJ's had the better blower motor from the factory.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

X2 I think it was CJs

• If i'm not mistaken the early YJ's had the old style blower motor(1987-maybe 1990?). I know my 1992 and 1994 YJ's had the better blower motor from the factory.

your right on the earlier ones having the old style my 87 is like that and i have the upgraded blower motor in my garage waiting to go in

• so then should i just get the stock one then so that i dont have to cut a bigger hole?

I can't say since I don't know the amount of air your current fan is putting out. I can tell you that my stock CJ blower motor struggled to keep the windshield ice free when driving through a snow storm. I often found myself questioning whether or not it was on. When I did the Blazer motor upgrade I found myself turning the fan speed down because I was cooking myself. You can feel the air moving when it's on high.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• so then should i just get the stock one then so that i dont have to cut a bigger hole?

Your 1995 YJ all ready has the upgraded blower motor in it. No reason to change it unless it's bad.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!