**WANTED** Jeep MJ Comanche

• I'm looking for a Comanche to use as a parts runner while I am doing an engine swap on my XJ. I am trying not to spend a whole lot, as it is just an extra truck to run around in when needed. I would prefer a 4WD 4.0 liter, but 2WD or 4 cylinder will work too. Ideally I would like to spend around a grand, but would go up to $2,000 to if it's in better shape. No need to reply with craigs list ads. If it's on craigs list and within a 3 hour drive of Newark, I've already seen it.

You don't know what you can do, until you know what you can't do...

• There was one listed in the local paper a few months
    back, but I think it may have been on CL too. It was
    in Salisbury, black, 2wd, 4.0. Its been listed forever
    so you might be able to score a good deal on it. Let
    me know if you want me to back track it.

Also ComancheClub.com is a good place to scout, but
    since they don't list by region it'll take some digging
    to find local stuff.

Good luck, let me know.

• There is one sitting in a yard on Shadyside road in Oxford Pa. by the Christian school. Its been there for as long as I can remember. Doesn't seem to be in bad shape from the road. Just some body work going on.

• Sweet! Thanks guys. I'm going to check out an '89 long bed tomorrow that I found on Craigs List, but I live 5 minutes away from Oxford, so I may swing by and check out that one this afternoon. Thanks for the tips and I will keep you updated on what happens with the one I'm checking out tomorrow.

• Thanks for the tips guys. I went on a wild goose chase after church yesterday... First I drove up and down 41 twice, but never found the one that was for sale there near the PA/DE border. After that, I found the one on Shadyside Rd. in Oxford. When I pulled up, I saw the Comanche there with 4 flat tires, filled with trash, and about an inch of dust on everything on the interior. I went and knocked on the door, and, sure enough, was greeted by a very kind gentleman with very few teeth (only one as far as I could tell). He informed me that people try to buy his truck all the time, but it's a project truck and he's going to fix it up. Looks like he's making good progress... Finally, I got the dolly behind my buddy's truck and headed down for my thousand dollar Craigs List find. Now, after almost dying from the dolly getting the death wobble and jack-knifing at 60-65mph on 95, driving the MJ the rest of the way because the dolly was broken, overheating at the Fallston park and ride, abandoning MJ at park and ride to go to lowes and get a wrench to fix the dolly, going back for the MJ, and making it back home 6 hours later, she is all mine... Can't wait to get started on the build... :mrgreen:

• :up: :up: That's pretty sweet! Got any mod plans for it? Ya know that bugs gonna bite sooner or later... :innocent:

Thanks man... The bug already got me! First on the list is fix the over heating issue. There is also some rust hiding behind those fender flares. Guess I'm just going to have to trim them up and put some bushwackers on. The front looks like it sags just a hair too, so I guess I'll need to put some 3 inch Rusty's coils on it, but then the front will be higher than the back, so the only thing I can do to fix that, is an inch and a half Rusty's shackle. With the higher ride height, I'm going to be forced to put some new shocks all the way around. Since it will be higher, it will probably look silly if I don't dig the old black wagon wheels out of the garage with my worn down old 275/75/16 Swampers on them. :mrgreen: [size=78%] Oh yeah... The few rust spots it has means I need to repaint it. I'm thinking either matte olive green, or matte tan with black badges... What do you guys think? I'll start up a build thread here soon once I start working on it.[/size]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!