WTB - unlocked smart phone

• I am looking to buy an unlocked smart phone. Needs to work with a sim card. If you have something, either PM me or reply to thread. Please include what you have and how much you are looking to get for it.

• What carrier are you using it on? I assume ATT , since its a sim card phone.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Unlocked in cell term is not tied to a cell carrier which is or will be very soon illegal...

Legally you're entitled to have any device 'unlocked' by the carrier provided the contract has been satisfied. Are you referring to the practice of unlocking them w/o carrier consent?

To the OP: I have two 16gb black iphone 4's (not 4S's...4 plural) and a 16gb 3gs that were unlocked by AT&T. Make me an offer on one if interested.

--Ian

• I honesty can't remeber a whole lot about it. I know its a federal law thing they are working to pass. Its something about if you have an unlocked phone you can not pay a bill with sprint then start up a service with att then stiff them and move in again. Im guessing since this is a wireless issuse that is controlled by the federal government they are making the bill to protect cell carriers.

I know it was in the papers the last week. My pop and I were talking about it. Someone stole his credit card info and bought an unlocked iphone in Europe and was having it shipped to California. He called the police out there as he had the shipping address and time of delivery and they didnt want to do anything...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• I honesty can't remeber a whole lot about it. I know its a federal law thing they are working to pass. Its something about if you have an unlocked phone you can not pay a bill with sprint then start up a service with att then stiff them and move in again. Im guessing since this is a wireless issuse that is controlled by the federal government they are making the bill to protect cell carriers.

I know it was in the papers the last week. My pop and I were talking about it. Someone stole his credit card info and bought an unlocked iphone in Europe and was having it shipped to California. He called the police out there as he had the shipping address and time of delivery and they didnt want to do anything...

I think you're backwards....new legislation is to legalize, not criminalize.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/per…locking-to-be-made-legal/

The article mis-states things a bit in claiming that it's currently 'illegal'...it isn't illegal now on phones no longer within the contract period, it is just that carriers are not required to do it once the contract is fullfilled.

• Carrier T-Mobile, looking at doing the Family Talk no contract deal. I was told I could buy a new unlocked phone or use a existing phone that is out of contract & unlocked. Yes, it must accept a SIM card. I know At&t and T-mobile phone accept them, not sure about other brands...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!