** DEJA Trail Ride @ Big Dogs June 6-9 2013 Signup **

• Ditto! Looks like it will be with us the whole trip. I might need to go get an actual rain coat and not get soaked like the last time up at RC.

I can come grab them from you before hand if it makes packing easier for you.

That would be helpful but if we can link up before Thursday I'll just throw them on top of everything and transfer them to your truck. Let me know when you can come by if you have time.

• Ditto! Looks like it will be with us the whole trip.

Accuweather's outlook is not too bad:

[li] Friday, Jun 7 - A thunderstorm possible, 81°, Lo 65° more [/li]
      [li]Saturday, Jun 8 - A shower possible, 80°, Lo 60° more [/li]
      [li]Sunday, Jun 9 - Partly sunny, 81°, Lo 60° more [/li]

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'll still bring my ez-up's

• There us nothing Accu about the weather. It has changed 3 times already since yesterday morning. I'm hoping that by Wednesday we will have a good idea of what the weather is going to do. According to the weather channel Thursday is clear, Friday 50% chane of scattered T storms, 30% chance of T storms on Saturday and 10% on Sunday. Lets hope this storm either stalls or passes by early.

• What do you guys usually do for wood for burning?

You are not allowed to bring firewood from out-of-state - it might harbor invasive insects.

They have seasoned firewood available for purchase there really cheap. Or we can gather firewood from the surrounding woods. Broken-up pallets burn really well, too, and those you are not prohibited from bringing.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Hey, has anyone made arrangements for a Trail Guide, so we are not stuck with whomever they assign to us?

I have Fran's phone number... He would be my choice.

~ JD

• Hey, has anyone made arrangements for a Trail Guide, so we are not stuck with whomever they assign to us?

Most likely, between Stafford and I, we have enough info on the "Top-Secret, Highly-Classified, If-I-Told-You-I'd-Have-To-Kill-You" trail system that he and/or I could navigate it and guide. But the powers that be might frown upon that. I could talk to John Hunt about that as well.

However, despite having the info in our possession, I'd still feel better if we had Fran up front.

Thoughts?

~ JD

• The last couple of times we didn't have a trail guide, shit we didn't even go to the riders meeting I don't think.

• I just paid through paypal and it said no registration form required. Do I need to bring my paypal confirmation?

Maybe I should read first...
    [size=medium]Complete the payment process for registration signup through PAYPAL(Select the Add to Cart Button) ,Select the proper quantity for each Driver (Passenger fees are no longer required) You will receive a receipt of your payment to BIG DOGS OFFROAD via E-mail from PAYPAL, This receipt will have a transaction ID.You will be asked for the transaction ID at the event[/size]

I have Fran's phone number... He would be my choice.

I thought in the past that they allowed DEJA to guide themselves. I know we usually skipped the meeting in the morning. I by no means have any idea what the map looks like but I know someone has one.

• Hey, look at that the weather changed again. 80% chance of t storms on Thursday, 70 % of T storms on Friday and now only a 20% chance of rain on Saturday. Maybe we will get lucky and this storm will push through early, not looking like it but who knows. I guess we should add a boat to the list of things to bring.

• Hey, look at that the weather changed again. 80% chance of t storms on Thursday, 70 % of T storms on Friday and now only a 20% chance of rain on Saturday. Maybe we will get lucky and this storm will push through early, not looking like it but who knows. I guess we should add a boat to the list of things to bring.

Thats good to hear because I love setting my tent in the rain.....

Worst case we can set up the ez-ups move them to set up the tents 2 at a time.

This is what NOAA has as of now

[li]Thursday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. South wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. [/li]
      [li]Thursday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 62. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. [/li]
      [li]Friday Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 76. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. [/li]
      [li]Friday Night Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%.[/li]
      [li]Saturday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 50%.[/li]
      [li]Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.[/li]
      [li]Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.[/li]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!