PA Jeeps July 20 & 21

• I looked and couldn't find any topics on this year's show, so I'm starting one. If there already is one, my bad :spinrhead:
    http://www.pajeeps.org/
    Anywho, who's going? Who's camping? Who's in a concrete tent?

We are heading up on Friday, taking the little one to Dutch Wonderland then setting up Camp for the weekend. Hope to be getting there by

For anyone who has never been, I highly recommend it, even if you just go up for the day. I enjoy the shopping and the obstacle course most :)

• We (TnGent & I) are going to be there and can't wait!!! Baring nothing happens with my treatments. Where do we camp and does that cost anything?

• I hope to get to the "fair grounds" around 2:00 PM Friday and set up camp. It cost $20 (in the past) a night. No open fires allowed and picnic table are not present. Showers cost $.50 for about 15 min.. For an additional cost they do have water and electric hook up. I will be bringing some cooking gear.
    I preregistered in February. :)

See you there.

• Can we share a site? Electric would be nice but not necessary

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I will hold a few sites (3). They usually collect the fee toward the evening.

• Plans changed for us. With my recent medical stuff, we just can't do it :( We really wanted to go!

• Anyone selling anything up there. Need a spot to sell my tj parts

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I couldn't get anybody to take my shift on Saturday, so I am thinking about just going up for Sunday. Anybody else driving up Sunday morning?

You don't know what you can do, until you know what you can't do...

• I couldn't get anybody to take my shift on Saturday, so I am thinking about just going up for Sunday. Anybody else driving up Sunday morning?

It's looking like I'll be driving up Sunday for the day. Did you wanna convoy? Is it even a convoy if it's only two? :shrug:

I should have signed up to show, I have a feeling there won't be many WJs...

• [size=1em]I thought the Show was very good this year. Sorry Percy couldn't be there in person but he was in spirit. [/size]
    [size=1em]As far as I recall, only two DEJA members were entered in the Show and Shine. Results: Brian took first in his Liberty class and I took second in my class (unlimited CJ6, CJ8, and Comanche). [/size]

[size=1em]Can you believe it, at a Show and Shine, there is trail damage?? Why?? Because they had an obstacle course! Brian did the course very well; kids laughing and screaming like crazy in the passenger seats! I did well in the regular runs; then I decided to try the big rocks. There were two big rock courses. Obviously, I had to air down per the rules. In my attempts to not stall out running the rocks as I have in the past, I adjusted my throttle a little bit too high the first time. I ran the first course too fast and too bouncy, but believe I made it out safely. Then, Brian tells me, since you're aired down, run the other course (peer pressure sucks!!); so yes, I went for it. I readjusted the throttle, ran the regular course, then went for the rocks. I did very well until near the end when the rocks were bigger than I thought. The spotter guided me the last few rocks. The last major rock had what I thought was a three foot drop for the front tire; thus bowing the side rail. Second course done. [/size]
    [size=1em]At a later time, I texted Jodie to see if anyone wanted to ride in the Jeep with me for the last run. Jodie volunteered (stupid move??). Regular course went well; rocky course was very rocky near the end! I'll Let Jodie tell you that story! [/size] :bang:

Hence, the trail damage. 1.) Driver's side front broken U-joint. 2.) Thanks to Brad (Ruquik) for noticing driver's side front spring mount was totally shattered. Therefore, visited vendor, got the part, and made it home. Now to get ready for Anthracite. :mrgreen:

• Was fun! I only managed to stop by the tent near when I left (around two). Definitely going to enter in the show next year, was talking to another WJ guy who won last year and he was awesome. So I'll probably be there both days next year :)

• Glenn I know all about broken spring hangers. I see you decided to do the big rocks anyway, I would have stayed if I knew you were going to do them. Glad everything worked out and your Jeep is ok, see you next weekend.

• Holy crap, I'd rode on the obstacle course in that Scrambler before but this O course was definitely a step up from years past, major kudos to PAJeeps for that! I gotta say, I had some concerns after sliding backwards, sidewardsd and looking down with nothing under us while leaning . . . It was awesome though! I reached out the window and snapped some pics, will try to get them up later.

It was great seeing everyone, the heat was almost unbearable - thankful for shade and the kiddie pool.

Dinner at Smokey Bones on Saturday night was fun. The drinks, company and decor made for lots of entertainment!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!