things learned surf fishing.... part 2 surf tournament style.

• Deadfeat won the otw sand spike..... Andrew still likes to sleep under his jeep.... But if you pour a little beer on him while he sleeps.... It don't wake him up..he tries to drink it and still sleeps.... Apparently my wife can out fish any guy in to tournament... Yep she killed it. When you give Stafford to much rum.... He tries to make sand angels..... If that don't work... He sits on a boogie board and screams to the waves come get me you sob and flips it the bird.... Yep... And the biggest lesson I learned today is... Apparently you can get sunburn on you nipples.... Besides that awesome time. Couldn't as for a better crew to be out there and whoever missed it... The night time shark fishing was a great time... Big shout out to Striper king gear and OTW sandsticks. And yes we will be out there again July 7th if you wanna join in on the festivities.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Things I learned.... Mike is a friggin' riot... even with his red high beams on. Getting up @3:30 and catching the sunrise with coffee is priceless. Had an awesome time, Thanks to Mike and OTW and others for the prizes. The OTW sand spike is like a locked Dana 60 of surf fishing fishing! I learned that a Moscow Mule is a new Favorite drink. Thanks Erica and Chris! I also leaned that when its that hot , you can drink all day and not piss! (a good thing). Man was it hot, didn't get a break with the land breeze and the flys. Bill I hope you made it home ok with your cooling issue. Sorry I didn't stay as long as I had planned, must have been the 3:30 am thing.. or perhaps the 10 beers and a Mule.
    Thanks to all who came out, what a great time.

Mike , did you guys hook up on any sharks? Those Shark rigs were sick.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• I was bummed that I didnt get back to join you guys. When I was there early a guy looking at my Jeep said here you have string on your motor. Well I left to meet the rest of our gang at Conquest Rd and on the way on the beach I hear and feel a bang. No sense stopping now almost there. Any how it turns out it was my fan belt to my alternator. Now Im sitting on the beach and try to start the engine and no go. The battery is dead. So first task at hand is to find two new belts. The main belt got twisted and buggered up when it ate the broken belt. So I found them at Hazzard Auto arts and paid with a credit card and had them hide them outside for me because I new I couldnt get there before they closed. So I figured I myswell enjoy the beach because my problem will be there later and the northbound traffic really sucked. So we grill on the beach and are having a goodtime and then I go in the ocean and throw football with my son and his girlfriend only to lose my wedding ring after almost 28 years. So the adventure continues. I then borrowed a battery jump pack and put it on the Jeep for an hour to recharge my battery before attempting to get the beast home. I get the Jeep running and know I have limited run time and get to the crossover only to have a Suburban stuck because he didnt air down. I explained my dilema and they left me thread the needle past them and I manage to get the Jeep home. I ran picked up my new belts got them on and while I was at it fixed my no parkng lights issue found a wire pulled out of the plug connector behind the e-brake pedal. Jeep is back in business but I am exhausted. I drank a few more cold ones and called it a night. I will be there for sure next year because it looked like a real good time.

• Yeah we did unfortunately we can't post them on public sites for legal reasons.... But pm me your email and ill shoot you a few pics.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Just wanted to say thank you guys for having us. I had a great time. I'll be picking up some surf gear and I need to equip my Jeep to haul it all. I can't wait to hit the surf with you guys again. Next time I wanna stay for the nighttime festivities! Thank you guys.

• Diaz I always post my number but here it is again 3026320877 had a blast yesterday. You r gonna have to way till I get back from the keys though.... Or just go out. Stop by dans or get in contact with hookedonthebay here. Best way to learn is just get out there. I'm glad to see a lot more people enjoying surf fishing.

• ...I'm glad to see a lot more people enjoying surf fishing.

A few of your posts imply you're really introducing the surf fishing culture to DeJA. You do know we've been surf fishing for a long time, right?

:innocent: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=407.0

I'm willing to bet that it's just more of a seasonal thing for a majority of people and that's why there has been an increase in attendance over the past couple of months. Summer, beach, drinks, relaxing, etc. That being said, it was really good on you to procure those great prizes - things like that will keep people interested and coming back for future tourneys :up:

• Geoff caught unguarded!

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

• Geoff caught unguarded!

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

FAIL! Video set to private!

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• External Content www.youtube.com

it should load with the link. just not searchable ... is it not embedding or not loading period?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!