JK Carpet removal/line-x

• Hey guys - I would like to pull the carpet out of my JK and spray line the interior. I tried the search but didn't turn anything up. Two questions...
    1. Have any of you done this for your Jeep?
    2. What was the rough cost of the job? (2 door)

Any feedback is appreciated. I think the carpet looks like shit and my Jeep has seen it's share of rain in the interior this year.

• Haven't done this yet but am hoping to get it done by the end of the year.
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum…eriors-exteriors-1376308/

My pop has Linex in the bed of his p/u truck and it's held up really well over the years. It's faded a bit but not too bad. After researching all the products out there I decided on Monstaliner. Tons of options out there though. I figure ~$200 to DIY.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I did it about a month ago on my TJ. It is 99% prep. I used herculiner and it worked awesome. Cost was $100 gallon kit. Longest part was sanding inside of tub. They send a scotch bright pad but I used 60 grit if I remember correctly. Just remove carpet, sand, vacuum/wash and roll it on. I did a month of research and everyone has opinions on brands but Herc worked great. The walmart rustolium had the most negative reviews but I can vouch for that.
    Stuff is like a rock and only negative is sand gets in it from beach but I vacuum/wash it out and all good. Do inside of tail gate also. Remember to mix it often to keep it flowing good, DO NOT USE a foam brush ( don't ask). I got a cheep drill mixer at harbor freight for $3 or so and just threw it away after. WEAR GLOVES, Tape everything you don't want sealed or blocked up. Prep was a day and two coats rolled on was just a few hours.
    I had extra so I also did two coats on factory bumpers f and r, and did a 4" strip down rocker area. Still had a lot left and found myself looking for other stuff to do but when found myself looking at the lawn mower and ladder I knew it was time to stop :doh: Have fun.

• A lot of people buy the cheap under coat guns from Harbor Freight and spray hurculiner or what ever roll on stuff you buy with great results.

X2. I agree. I did the roll on rout since a lot less masking and over spray though. Either way works great.

• i'm in the process of lining mine now , i'm using U-Pol raptor-tintable liner(just got it today from my cousin) 4 750 ml containers hardner & a quart of paint to match my color was $187. i'm gona mix in HY-TECH insulating ceramic additive to help reduce engine & trany heat. total is still under $200. the other day I started to remove the caulk like from the floor of the jeep, for anyone going to do this, the first section I did dry, it took several hours & I still had about a 1/16" layer. I tried sanding with 36 grit paper, the stuff just didn't want to come off. Today I tackled the other 3 sections in less than 3 hrs. How you may ask did he do 3 times as much in less time? like WileyCoyoty super genius I tried every crazy thing I could think of , but what finally worked was water ,the drivers side hade rain water from Thursdays rain on it & when I took a scraper to it it came up much easier so I put water on the other sections & let it soak while I finished the front drivers. After I got the bulk up I kept spraying water to keep it wet & it came off much easier than dry. I even wet down the first spot & let it soak & it came right up. I used a tear drop shaped scraper to get in the tight places & an 1 1/2" hyde scraper for the flat spots

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!