exhaust

• im looking to buy a new exhaut for my 99 4.0l xj. i want to keep it under $300 if possible. thxs let me kno what you got

• I was looking for something aftermarket on my 99 4.0L XJ for around the same price that dosent have a ricer sound but a deeper deisel sound but is functional as well...anyone got recomendations?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• What series of Flowmaster? Aren't some of them a bit loud? My brother put on Afterburners (Delta or Flowtech...I forget the brand) on his 360 and I think they are a bit loud.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• gibson exhuast has a cat back system where the tip comes out behind the rear wheel. its @$275.00 look on ebay..

• $20 cheapy muffler from Pep Boys and various lengths of straight pipe. It doesn't get any cheaper than that and mine has held up pretty well. It's just a 258 so I didn't care about sound.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It's ashame you don't live downstate. There's a guy in Laurel that's really good. He did my old V6 pickup headers back for $250. Sounded like a 5.0 Mustang. I think the exhuast was SpinTech. I heard the MagnaFlow on ebay was real nice. Go to Jeepforum.com and search exhuast in the XJ forum.

• You can make a 258 sound like a healthy v8 with the right exhaust not to mention bump up the performance. I have done split manifolds/headers on several and they sond great. Straight sixes can perform awesome I worked on a Super Comp Rail that ran 8.90's with a throttle stop (It was loud). I personally like the loud side of mellow on a V8 or straight 6. Flowmaster has a ton of choices as far sound it is personal preference.

• I went with a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow muffler on mine. I got the Flowmaster from JEGS, for about $50 I used a 2-1/4" mandrel bent rear pipe from Quadratec, for I think somewhere near $60. And a 2-1/4" High Flow Cat. from SUMMIT for about $60.

I also got a Borla header... but that alone will bust your budget. :D

I think it sounds great. Not to loud.

• HAHA, i've got everyone beat. My muffler is off of an old Chevelle that ran at the track. it's a single in double out. I won't pass inspection with it but i love feeling my exaust from inside my house when my jeep is parked out front and running. Soooooo. Hilarious. 5.2L 318ci motor and dual exaust getting put on sometime this summer. Hope i can come to a meeting and show everyone. I've got nothing but "that's badass" from jeepers around town. Plus it makes all the other squeeks quieter. :laughing: :laughing:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Quote from "AndyZJ"

HAHA, i've got everyone beat. My muffler is off of an old Chevelle that ran at the track. it's a single in double out. I won't pass inspection with it but i love feeling my exaust from inside my house when my jeep is parked out front and running. Soooooo. Hilarious. 5.2L 318ci motor and dual exaust getting put on sometime this summer. Hope i can come to a meeting and show everyone. I've got nothing but "that's badass" from jeepers around town. Plus it makes all the other squeeks quieter. :laughing: :laughing:

I saw you and your jeep at the corner of Silverside and Foulk last weekend. You were turning left onto Foulk as I was heading straight. I was in my truck, but I could still hear the road of your exhaust over my truck's diesel engine. Pretty loud. I was thinking "he goes at the back of the line if he shows up for a trail ride!" :suspicious:

• Haha, well i appreciate the compliment (i hope that's what it was) And if i ever do get to trail ride, i don't care where you stick me, i'll be happy to be there with people who know how to offroad unlike my buddies around here. Funny story Andrew

• Mike specify what you are talking about!

• Quote from "AndyZJ"

i'll be happy to be there with people who know how to offroad unlike my buddies around here.

^^^that was was my first time offroading

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!