• I got a fiberglass CJ5 tub from Jeepman for a good price. (great price actually). I think he had another one at the time but that was a few years ago. He would be a good source for parts anyway since he seems to move a lot of Jeep parts.

Other option is to repair it. I did that with mine and got about 8 years out of it. I made my own side panels. It wasn't perfect but it looked butter than a lot of other repaired bodies I've seen. My advice would be to take the body off the frame to fix it though. Had I done that it would have lasted longer.

Check your frame too.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• My tub is shot,I need some kind of idea on what to do,don't have 1800 for a new tub,thanks for any ideas

I do,but who wants to go buy a new tub?

U do or don't have the money, I'm lost here. When taking a cj5 on I'm sure u realized by looking at it that it may need a new tub. So I'm assuming u had a game plan when u got it? If u don't have the money sell the old jeep. If u do then spend the money on a used tub in good shape or a new one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!