2002 Jeep Liberty engine needed

• Just recently bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty with a blown motor and come to find out the engine is insanely priced used and hard to find. So this might become a parts vehicle. Is there any interest in parts off of it? Its silver color sport edition with 136k on the odometer. Or does anyone have an idea where to find a motor for not an astronaut price? Or does anyone want to buy the whole thing outright and build a diesel crawler?

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• B&H in Elkton usually has a pretty decent selection of motors, I'd give them a shout if you haven't already. I've gotten all kinds of parts from them.

• B&H in Elkton usually has a pretty decent selection of motors, I'd give them a shout if you haven't already. I've gotten all kinds of parts from them.

How much is a long block ?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• How much is a long block ?

According to my handy-dandy price sheet they give you when you walk in, engines (from 3 to 8 cylinder) are $320, but I'm not sure what they include. Just the block, $220, same sizes. If you've never been, it's a huge u-pull-it, pay 2 bucks to get in and have at it. The engines are all pulled by them on arrival, as far as I know.

• The 02 3.7 liter is the same motor found in the Dodge Dakota and several other Chrysler products. Nothing special about the motor and should be easy enough to find.

Everything I could fine is $2000+.

They changed the tone wheels for the timing signals in 2004.

So he'll have to find an '02 or '03.

They do make kits to convert the later engines.

• Those are for reman motors. I coworker purchased a reman 4.7 (same basic design minus 2 cyl) for his Durango. Paid around $2500 for everything including install kit but included everything he needed. He did not have to reuse items the old motor. Drove right to the factory and they loaded it up on his trailer for him.

Believe this is where he got it from

http://www.powertrainproducts.net/default.asp

• Yea I'm not really interested in pulling a motor in a yard without a forklift since a forklift is how I do it at my yard. Plus I don't think there would be a way to hear the thing run before pulling it if other people have "had at it" before me. I understand your point in cheap but I also don't want it to blow up a week later. I've found motors for $1700 in other yards around the area but for a vehicle that sells for $4500, I'd be in it $3500 before all is said and done. That's not a lot of profit for doing a motor swap like that. I do know its the same motor as the Dodge Dakota and Ram but the price is still looking too steep. Maybe

• Haha, the plan was to slap a motor in it before winter and sell it for cash at our car lot. Guess I'll have to just wait for the right opportunity to come around to stag a motor.

• Motor was seized, but luckily I found someone to buy the whole Jeep for $700. So no more headache for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!