zippers, no not that kind

• Im sure I can Google it but zipper came undone after it was zipped, but thought I would ask how here how to fix it. (no the zipper did not slide back, the zipped side came undone) Just soap it well and pull it back or should it take it to a professional zipper guy.

• Sounds like your zipper is wore out. You'll probably have to get it replaced.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• There are so many jokes going through my head right now I don't know where to start! :rollsmile:

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Assuming you mean it came unzipped at the end that would be at the bottom of a coat zipper.

You might be able to carefully work it back and off the end.

You may have to hold the slider with pliers and will probably have to get a little rough with it.

This will typically happen when the little male piece isn't fully inserted into the receiver when starting it.

If both ends are still meshed and it just came apart in the middle then it's probably worn out.

And, I like wax better as a zipper lube. Beeswax is really good.

• Are we still talking about Jeeps??!? :laughabove:

2003 Jeep Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 Good Year Duratrac Tires, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" Body Lift, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin Wilderness ATS Series Rear Bumper System, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker Skid Plate, Skid Row Engine Skid Plate, Lower Control Arm Skid Plates and Gas Tank Skid Plate, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adjustable Arms, 4.0 L 6 Cyl

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!