WTB slip yoke elim

• Title says it all, looking for a cost effective (cheap) SYE so i don't have to live life with a TC drop.

Thanks once again.

• hack and tap doesn't look too bad, if i could find a reasonable cv drive shaft id go that route, it seems i can get a SYE kit with a shaft as a package for the price of just a shaft for some reason.... :rolleyes:

• I called tattons driveshaft in utah it cost me 260$ shipped and porc does have some cheap sye.... if you decide to do a hack and tap be very careful when you cut the output shaft. If it isnt true you could have some severe issues... spend the extra 60$ on a sye and do it right the first time. I learned the hard way now I have to back track all my dumb decisions to make them right.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I have a cv shaft laying around, I'll sell it to you cheap

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• Advance adapters sells a good sye. Get a xj shaft from a junkyard ($40) as said above and then have it cut to your specs. A pre-cut shaft may not be good for you because most setups are different and you dont have alot of room in a rear tj shaft to be off by or the shaft will either bottom out or pull apart when wheeling. I use CCC Heavy Duty Truck Parts in Folcroft PA. They will cut and balance a shaft for about $100 and then rebuild based on what you need. General turn around time is about 1-2 weeks. If you go that route the number is 610-532-3800, ask for Rodney. Ive actually got my spare their getting rebuilt right now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!