wtb...tires

• I'm looking to buy new tires for my 2000 TJ. The ones on it now are the basic ones. I don't think the guy who had it before ever changed them and they are :soapbox: small and ugly. Problem is... I have no idea what to get. I don't want anything bigger yet. Its my daily so I don't need any serious rock crawling tires. Just something that can go off road without being the first one stuck. Any imput would be helpful. :shrug:

• BFG All Terrain are a great looking tire w/ a 60,000 mile tread life and great off road. That's what I would get.

• I sell a brand of tires popular with off roaders called Interco. I carry one style in particular that may suit your needs/wants the Truxus MT. It is a pretty cool beefy looking tire with decent on and off raod manners. Other members of the club have purchased tires and may have input on how the Truxus performs. I should also add these ae cheaper than most BFG and Goodyear tires. I you are interested PM me and I will give you my contact info.

• Quote from "jc1121"

I forgot to specify... Being a new jeep chick, I also have no idea what size to get. :shrug:

First let me say Hi and welcome to the club :wavey:

I believe wtih a TJ you can add a little to your tire size
    without modifying your jeep.
    Many TJ owners up grade to a 31x10.50 on a 15 inch rim.

This size should work well for you.

• Goodyear Wrnagler's or BFG's All Terrain
    Either one is a goor tire I think.
    Go with either a 30/9.5/15 or31/10.5/15
    depending on whichs rim you have.
    HTH
    Andrew
    oh btw welcome to the club

• Another vote for BFG All-terrains. They have definately met all my expectations. I have them in the 33x12.5" version and they have been very very good to me. They aren't great in the mud but I avoid the stuff like the plague anyways. They are great on-road especially in the rain and snow. They are quiet and last an extremely long time. I probably have 25000 miles on mine and you can barely tell they've been worn.

As far as size....I'd go for the 31x10.5 version for you. You don't need any modification for them to fit and they look great!

HTH

-Chris

• I vote for the bfg AT's also. I have the 31 10.50 and they have about 30,000 miles on them and still have half tread life. great tire.

• If you decide on BFG All-Terrains, I know a guy who's about to take his off (his jeep is on-road only, and he want to go to GY GSA's), you may be able to get a good price on them. They are 30x9.5x15, same as the "big" stock Wrangler tire, and look practically new.

If interested, call Bob at Chadds Ford Electronics (should be in the phone book). He makes a bunch of electronics, CB, and stereo stuff that's sold in the Quadratec catalog, and his TJ is his test model.

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Another vote for BFG All-terrains. . . They aren't great in the mud but I avoid the stuff like the plague anyways.

!!!!! :doh:

• Quote from "BlueJ"

!!!!! :doh:

BlueJ - The only mud up there is in the pot holes - that's probably why he avoids it :suspicious:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

Edited once, last by ().

• JC - I just got the Goodyear MTR's 31x10.50 on a 7x15 wheel - I really like them much better on the road than my old stock Goodyear GSA 225/75/15's. I haven't had them off road yet but I'll let you know how they do when I get back from GWNF. They only problem I have with them is rubbing at full turn, but these guys(and girls) have told me that's easy to fix. They've all been really helpful to me (I'm fairly new too). And welcome :wavey:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Thanks to everyone for all the great advice! I think I'm going to go with the BFG's only because they will last longer and tires are so hella expensive. I'm going to have to save up just to get these ugly ones off. :doh:

• Jen - I have a set of Bridgestone Dueller APT 30x9.5/15 that have between 3-5K miles on them. I am getting ready to upgrade so they will be on the market. They are not as "beefy" as the BFG ATs but do very good on the road, snow, rain and beach. Let me know. Cell # is in Mebers section or PM me. - Ying

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!