Wrangler13's CJ Build

• I told Hunter that I'd post pics for him so here they are. I don't really have a specific picture order or descriptions (except for the last one) but here's the best I got...

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Click for bigger pics...

Now this is what he SHOULD be rockin at the moment! After all of the hard work going in to this, I wouldn't have given it up... But that's just me I guess! Just to rub a little salt in the wound...... 0:)

• and i can get my old 95 yj back he said he would trade my old yj back for my cj5 but not sure what to do the cj5 has dana 44s, chevy 350 turbo 350, brand new 35s and aluminum wheels. new gauges. sprung, over full cage, , downfalls right not is i dont have a full top for it , my old yj has stock axles heater core needs replacing and a few other small things, ive got a lot of time into both of them so i dont know what to do, i dont really do a lot of rock crawling mainly stick to the snow and a few woods trails. what do you all think?

• what do you mean about my steering?

I'm guessing that your steering isn't the normal setup (Z-shaped) with the drag link, tie rod, etc. I don't know too much about different steering setups and I didn't even notice the difference until Spedly mentioned it.... :shrug:

and i can get my old 95 yj back he said he would trade my old yj back for my cj5 but not sure what to do the cj5 has dana 44s, chevy 350 turbo 350, brand new 35s and aluminum wheels. new gauges. sprung, over full cage, , downfalls right not is i dont have a full top for it , my old yj has stock axles heater core needs replacing and a few other small things, ive got a lot of time into both of them so i dont know what to do, i dont really do a lot of rock crawling mainly stick to the snow and a few woods trails. what do you all think?

That's never going to be an easy decision and only you can decide which of them you like better.

• what can i rob a stock sttering off of because i dont care for the steering to much especialy with my 35s, ???? i dont have much room with the 350 under the hood to run steering links any ideas?

• For a build thread try and put pictures and work done in an order. Easy for people to follow what uve done and are doing. Would help for good advice when your hitting situations like steering etc. just my 2 cents. I'm sure u could use a steering set up like any other jeep. Find someone parting out a yj and do some fab work. Get a box mounted, steering linkage, then work on the rest. Looks like u have your work cut out for u.

• what can i rob a stock sttering off of because i dont care for the steering to much especialy with my 35s, ???? i dont have much room with the 350 under the hood to run steering links any ideas?

Plenty of people have done CJ's w/ chevy smallblocks...there's plenty of room for stock-style steering. Hopefully if they didn't hack too much stuff up rigging that setup you would just need a factory steering box, tierod, and draglink.

--Ian

• I think I have a spare steering box from a Wagoneer in my garage. You'd want to get an aftermarket mount for it because the stock ones were weak and prone to cracking. MORE and Big Daddy Offroad sell them. I think I have the Big Daddy one.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!