What does it take to get on the beach?

• Even though you can get away with faking it with the fishing part, make an effort, its actually really fun to catch stuff. At least put enough weight on thay your casts stay where you threw it out. Hate seeing someones neglected line tangling up everyone around them

I'm respectful enough to not let that happen. Just noting that I am not going there to fish. I'm going there to hang out and have fun. If catching fish happens that's a plus.

• It's probably obvious to most, but I thought I'd mention to not forget to keep the paperwork for the surf tag in the vehicle. If the Ranger stops to check, he'll want to see the paperwork matches the vehicle. When I'm not interested in catching anything, (wife + daughter with me), I have frozen bait and use rubber squids. If they check, I tell him I'm waiting for the bait to thaw so I'm covered as far as the gray area :mrgreen:

• It's probably obvious to most, but I thought I'd mention to not forget to keep the paperwork for the surf tag in the vehicle. If the Ranger stops to check, he'll want to see the paperwork matches the vehicle. When I'm not interested in catching anything, (wife + daughter with me), I have frozen bait and use rubber squids. If they check, I tell him I'm waiting for the bait to thaw so I'm covered as far as the gray area :mrgreen:

Damn. I never thought about that! Took my tag off old jeep and put it on the new one. Guess I'm not legit .

• Damn. I never thought about that! Took my tag off old jeep and put it on the new one. Guess I'm not legit .

Happened to me 2 summers ago at Beach Plum Island. Checked paperwork, bait, made sure my line was baited, etc. Even asked how long I was there and if I caught anything, but not in a "Hey buddy" kind of way. The only thing biting that day was the bugs.

• So taking a small pond type pole would be frowned upon in this establishment?!?!

Just tell the ranger "It's not the size of your pole that matters, it's all in how you wiggle your worm".

Give him a little wink and he will probably leave you alone. ;D

• Carry your paperwork and if you get questioned , tell that you sold the other vehicle and offer to run right over to the park office and transfer. Basically if you're not being a dick they will be cool.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• if you go down there without the proper paperwork be prepared to lose the tag and pay a fine. You can hit the store on rt 1 closer to de state seashore park on your way down there (past henlopen) same day so there really isn't an excuse.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!