'05 Rubicon, 6spd, 3" suspension lift. Question about adding a 1" BL...

• I've tried to do research but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer (and maybe there just isn't one).

I'm wondering, if I add a 1" body lift to my current 3" suspension lift... will I run into any issues with my shifter? I've heard some stories about not being able to shift into 2nd, 4th and 6th.

Will I need to add a MML too? Any other issues I might run into?

• I have a 2.5" lift and a 1" body and I had trouble with my shifter and my 4x4 shifter. I have read a lot of people just mount the center consol back a quarter of inch or something like that or cut extra space out.. I didn't do either, I just removed the plastic mount for the shifter boot and the 4x4 lever I just have to make sure I'm definitely in 4 Low. Eventually I will get in here and do it right.

• If you dont have a t-case drop than you should be fine. The stick will just be lower by an inch. As for the bottom gears, you can always trim the consol around the stick if you run into that issue but I dont think you will.

A motor mount lift as far as I know helps with fan alighning with the radiator but otherwise really only comes into play when raising your t-case so its not tilted to far forward. Otherwise you may get some oil pan clearance but if your running a skid that wont make a differewnce anyway.
    I did a tummy tuck and raised the t-case and then did the motor mount lift at the same time but the t-case was so high and tilted that even with a 1in body lift I was hitting the dash with the stick when in 1st and third. I ended up doing a short shift kit and still having to put a 45 degree bend in the stick 3/4 of the way up to stop it from hitting the dash.

• 2006 Rubicon, I ran a 1.25" BL + 1" MML with the Clayton skids (minor 3/4" tummy tuck) and had zero issues with shifter clearance, but a little bit of an alignment issue with the transfer case selector. Nothing too bad though...

• 2006 Rubicon, I ran a 1.25" BL + 1" MML with the Clayton skids (minor 3/4" tummy tuck) and had zero issues with shifter clearance, but a little bit of an alignment issue with the transfer case selector. Nothing too bad though...

x2 except with Nth Degree TT. Zero issues

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• On my 04 Rubicon I have a 1" body lift, suspension lift' 1" t case drop and a 1' mml and have no problems at all shifting. May do a novak linkage down the road and loose the tcase drop but not in near future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!