Surf rods

• Ed- I have 3 st croix rods that's why I am leaning towards the mojo.

Did realize that guy was so shady. You have a pm.....

Yeah I have been successful with my cheap walmart rod and old Alpha rod. Usually catch at least one fish.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• :fishing: ive learned alot thru trial and error.. I use conventional about 99% of the time you never know when you wanna launch into deeper waters on a hot day.. waters cooler out there a few degrees in temperature can put a fish in lockjaw and not wanna hit crap. But if course I gotta go back to bob flipping coin weights and blood worms in the surf like 2 feet out and catching doubles of spots... baiting and long lining them out and hooking into what I refer to as a whale. We never saw it but it cleared the beach haha... if your living in the dover area we could meet uo and grab a few beers and talk fishing. Im always at abar somewhere in the area.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• My favorite rod to date was a $79.00 10' ugly stick, it had a matching Shakespeare reel which lasted about 5 seasons of saltwater abuse. I finally broke down and bought a Shimano baitrunner for it is still in service today... As far as debating reels, you can't go wrong with Shimano, Penn or Okuma they are all good.
    I honestly get the most enjoyment of having a guy set up next to me with $2,500.00 of gear that has no idea of what they are doing watching us catch fish after fish on our Walmart and Dick's outfits. I honestly don't believe that luck has anything to do with finding the fish, if you learn to read the surf, you WILL find the fish. Now the size of the fish is where the luck rolls in. Whether all we caught were spot and some trout or big rays or blues, I can't remember catching anything less than a dozen fish every time that we were out, and that is without picking up and moving up and down the beach every hour.
    Last season I was on the beach every other weekend or so due to my girlfriends school schedule, due to her leg injury there will be no class til fall.... I expect to be on the beach every weekend, can't wait..... until the tight lines !

Don't follow me, you won't make it....

Edited once, last by hookedonthebay ().

• Yeah I am looking forward to spring. Going to try and make it every weekend, but having a little one in March is gonna make it hard to get out and stay out all day.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• My favorite rod to date was a $79.00 10' ugly stick, it had a matching Shakespeare reel which lasted about 5 seasons of saltwater abuse. I finally broke down and bought a Shimano baitrunner for it is still in service today... As far as debating reels, you can't go wrong with Shimano, Penn or Okuma they are all good.
    I honestly get the most enjoyment of having a guy set up next to me with $2,500.00 of gear that has no idea of what they are doing watching us catch fish after fish on our Walmart and Dick's outfits. I honestly don't believe that luck has anything to do with finding the fish, if you learn to read the surf, you WILL find the fish. Now the size of the fish is where the luck rolls in. Whether all we caught were spot and some trout or big rays or blues, I can't remember catching anything less than a dozen fish every time that we were out, and that is without picking up and moving up and down the beach every hour.
    Last season I was on the beach every other weekend or so due to my girlfriends school schedule, due to her leg injury there will be no class til fall.... I expect to be on the beach every weekend, can't wait..... until the tight lines !

yeah bob we had a good season last year.... remember its all about scooter haha.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• i never understood why people throw hundreds of dollars into their gear....sure it helps a little but i have 3 ten foot poles(all from walmart, each set up no more than 50 bucks), pvc tubes as my sand spikes and would walk onto the beach before i got my jeep...and catch the most/biggest fish of anyone there....everything from spot/croaker to 40 inch stripers, 8 foot sharks and 80 pound rays...all with 20 pound mono and a 18 inch steel leader(except the spot/croaker, they were top/bottom set ups). its not how much u throw into it its how many times you throw it in ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!