2017 Wrangler (Speculation)

• for 90% of buyers it will be a better vehicle. for the 10% that use it offroad, it will be the suck. just MHO.

also keep in mind that 67% of all statistics are made up on the spot and used only for entertainment purposes, not actual info

• What's interesting is they say they are gonna use a long travel system like the 63-63 optional IFS.

Not sure if anyone here has seen one in person but its weird as all get out. Helped a friend save one from the crusher.

Think solid axle with u-joint in the middle a-arms and torsions bars. If they just made a longer travel arm version of of the wk setup I think a lot of people would be very surprised.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• i think they can do it....after lifting my FJCruiser i can say that IFS can work....and for those that dont im sure the aftermarket will support solid axle conversions (as they do for the FJCruiser

my guess is that will also be the year the diesel will be available...to help sell the new setup.

• After reading that whole article and the one about Lil Blue it seems as if the IFS system would work out very well both on and off road. The big issue that I see is that it would be difficult and crazy expensive to modify. And while I can't speak for all Jeep owners, for myself the ability to modify my ride is a huge appeal of owning a Wrangler. If the new Wrangler came out of the box being able to handle reds and ride like a Caddy, but you couldn't screw with it I wouldn't want one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!