FTAGH: Vintage Army field items

• This is "Free To A Good Home," but I will definitely give preference to DEJA members. I have two items that I believe will only appeal to a small group of people -- those that have vintage Army Jeeps and who enjoy doing military reenactments. What I have is a small metal field table, and also a desktop file organizer. These are authentic Army items....don't ask me how I came to own them and I won't have to kill you.

The folding table is OD green painted metal, and it has two folding leaves. Interestingly, the castors are wooden. It's what a personnel clerk would use in a very mobile field environment. You could probably refer to it as a typewriter stand, but it need not be used for that. My best guess is that it is from the Korean War to early Vietnam War era. Wish I could tell you that I remember seeing these in the field when I was in an infantry brigade in 1976, but honestly I don't remember. The wooden drawer is also authentic, though I painted it the current two-tone look...so a coat of OD green is in order. I could picture these items being used by someone with an older Willys Army Jeep, such as what I see at the All Breeds Jeep Show in York, where the guys tend to set up little "camps" for display.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

• I could re-purpose the metal table as a dedicated gunsmithing/cleaning table. How structurally sound are those wooden casters? If you don't mind it being used in that capacity, I'll gladly put it to good use.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Brian and Jeremy, you are welcome to them. Hope you put them to good use. The wooden casters do have some roll to them, but they are not all that great. If rolling/mobility is important, I'd suggest replacing them...I'm sure it would be inexpensive. Brian, maybe your daughter will get a kick out of using a "real, live" Army item. Who knows what far-flung corners of the globe these items have seen. I recommend making up a colorful story.

I am in Magnolia, and I work in Dover. I could bring either/or of them to work if that makes a hand-off simpler for you guys. Cell is 302-270-4884, and as of last week.....wait for it......I actually do texting!! (I can hardly believe it myself.)

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!