Bolts for Bushwacker Flat Fenders TJ

• Anyone have the specs for the bolts that screw into the TJ body? I know they are "M5-.8 screw" (from the instructions) but I think I am missing the length and probably the tread pitch?
    I was going to put on the fender flares on this past weekend and then realized somehow I misplaced that envelope of screws :bang:

I was hoping to go to a hardware store and grab some so I can get the TJ inspected again :driving:

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• M5 x .8

M5= diameter of threads

.8= thread pitch (thread every .8mm)

If these bolts are only meant to go through the flare and the sheet metal I wouldn't think they'd be more than 1" or so long. Best bet would be to call Bushwacker customer service and see if they can tell you. (800) 234-8920

Are they they flats or pocket style flares? For my Xenon flat flares I think I bought 1.25" SS hardware.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Yea I was waiting for Bushwacker to open and figured I would post and see if that helped at all. They are for the Flat style. SS was what I was thinking also so that it doesn't rust. Thanks for the help

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• When I replaced the hardware for my Xenons I used SS and also much larger washers on both side of the bolt. Gives it more surface/contact area to hold it in place. One day I'll probably make a one piece steel bracket that'll run the inside edge of the flare to run the bolts through.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I've heard of guys using zip ties to secure them so they dont get damaged on the trail. Plus its easy to remove them before a trail ride. Not sure how it set up.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!