XJ recovery points?

• You're not going to find anything for front recovery for your $40 price target. The closest you'll find is the Tomken tow hook mounts for $47 but they're weak and don't include hooks. My choice for a tow hook mount is from Rusty's Offroad for $80, quite a bit stronger and includes tow hooks.

But for strength, the link you posted is probably the strongest for the money. The tow hook mounts I linked to are good, but will bend with a really hard side pull. A front hitch receiver is much stronger because it uses both sides of the frame. The Iron Rock kit is a modified design of a front receiver, it's raised and doesn't have the 2" receiver. If you want a receiver instead (my choice, have a rack for the beach!), you can get one for $138... http://www.etrailer.com/Front-…html?vehicleid=1996301172 You'll lose a little ground clearance, but that's usually not a problem for a lifted XJ.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Think about your longterm plans though, if you want to get a bumper for it, maybe hold off an extra month to afford it. JCROffroad has some strong bumpers and with their reinforcement plates, they're crazy strong. Just a thought... after having my XJ for 6 years, I really understand the "buy once, cry once" phrase. :doh:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!