Bowhunting

• Leaving in just a few minutes for Felton to our camp. Hopefully put some meat in the freezer this weekend. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I normally hunt Milford kneck I have a buddy who's home backs up to the wild life area

hunting there is ok until the airforce want a bee hunters crash the hunt :cuss:

• Is it bad that I haven't yet procured my hunting license!! :shrug: :doh:

I get my lisense every year they send me the renewal in the mail I won a low didigt number in the lottery
    I get called tgogun hunt white clay sometimes as part of the Master hunters program :mrgreen:

• made a spur of the moment ground blind at our spot, 6:45 pm huge doe walks out 25 yard shot, put the crosshairs on her, pulled the trigger and she jumped the frigand string..... oh well there is always tomorrow!

• Went out with my muzzeloader this weekend and stuck 2 doe in the freezer. One was 125 yd shot and the other 115 yd shot. Both shots took out both lungs and hit part of the heart. Love my TC Encore! Lol

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Been doing a little more bowhunting this year than in years past.
    Just got my new hoyt faktor turbo before season started. have yet to put one on the ground though.
    I hunt a family farm in the hartly/marydel area and have been seeing a lot of doe meat running around but I
    have my eye on a few nice older bucks that we've been watching.

Shooting the faktor turbo at 74lbs and putting easton fmjs (I believe 10.8 gpi) with 100gr muzzy trocar down range at a little over 300 fps
    producing roughly 85lbs of kinetic energy. Figure that should be enough to blow through any bone that it would need to.
    Also have dreams of doing some big game hunting someday and that's pretty much why I set my bow up like I did.
    I'd like to start with a southern Colorado spot and stalk for bull elk in the next few years and then someday do a dangerous
    game bow hunt of sort.

• Been bow hunting for 25 years in pa. Love the jackhammer ST and never had a problem with them and a lot of deer have hit the ground from them. Just got my delaware license today and going tomorrow to buy a muzzleloader. I do miss archery though. Maybe next year. Need a new bow and last week bout my kids compounds so I will need to wait. Damn

• Been bow hunting for 25 years in pa. Love the jackhammer STT and never had a problem with them and a lot of deer have hit the ground from them. Just got my delaware license today and going tomorrow to buy a muzzleloader. I do miss archery though. Maybe next year. Need a new bow and last week bout my kids compounds so I will need to wait. Damn

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!