OEM bolt part #s

• Usually they're tapered so that installation is easier on the assembly line. Like Aaron said, hit the hardware store and pick up the hardware. Hell, buy both sizes and use the one that fits. You'll probably still save 75% more than the dealership markup even buying both.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• $4.50 Each! Thank you! :razz:

Cheaper if I like you :innocent:

Yeah, if you can go to Lowes without even knowing the correct bolt size and save $20 on bolts that list for $4.50x2=$9.00, you obviously voted for Obama.

They are metric as evidenced in the pic that shows 10.9 as the grade.

And like I said pretty sure the diameter is 10mm, which comes in 3 different thread pitches.

He obviously doesn't have a bolt to take in to compare, so he can either buy several and try them and try to return the rest after he's chewed the threads up or just go to the dealer and be done with it.

• Cliffsnotes: Keith's part # was the right part.

I finally got these bolts today! Funny thing I called Hertrich of Elkton gave them the part # Keith provided and the guys says that the bolts are discontinued by Chrysler and he doesn't have any but Newark Jeep has 2. So I called Newark Jeep and confirm they have the bolts which they do so I ride over. He hands me this bag. My name is on the bag but I hadn't provided him my name so I asked was that on there before. He says yea those have been here for at least two years. I said more like three and I remember that the person that I spoke with was an a hole over the phone and they never called me to say they received the parts.

IMG_7215.HEIC

• Pretty much spot on description but it's not even close to hitting the tailgate. That would be frightening. It's just enough movement to notice both audible and you can feel it.

When I ran a swing out carrier I mounted a rubber bumper on the tailgate to keep the carrier from bouncing around.

• When I ran a swing out carrier I mounted a rubber bumper on the tailgate to keep the carrier from bouncing around.

Yea if this doesn't resolve the issue than I'm going to pursue that route. I'm honestly not sure where the old bumpers are but I'm sure if I hunt around I'll find them. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!