Receiver Mounted Snow Plows

• as long as you don't need to angle or raise on the move, and have a pretty level run, they work pretty well for what we get around here. ive used a snowsport on a toyota tacoma to clear a parking lot (100 spaces) and it got the job done...but took a while. 6+ inches over a distance will add up quick, but for a driveway that you can do 2 passes, at opposite angles, you can do a good job.

• as long as you don't need to angle or raise on the move, and have a pretty level run, they work pretty well for what we get around here. ive used a snowsport on a toyota tacoma to clear a parking lot (100 spaces) and it got the job done...but took a while. 6+ inches over a distance will add up quick, but for a driveway that you can do 2 passes, at opposite angles, you can do a good job.

Some have either electric or hydraulic raise/lower and angle.

But no doubt that adds to the basic cost.

• yeah...and weight, etc this was about 1500 bucks. like i said...for a single pass, or double pass application, they are good.

• I've been thinking about a snowsport plow, but with only a rear hitch, that would be a pain.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I was looking at the SnowSport 180, but it seems that they cancelled it this year. I guess I'll just stick to the shovel and icemelt... might get a snow thrower, though. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I was looking at the SnowSport 180, but it seems that they cancelled it this year. I guess I'll just stick to the shovel and icemelt... might get a snow thrower, though. :)

SnowSport LT replaced it.

$1150 w/o the hitch.

It's nice too because it already comes with a bottom rubber cutting edge.

• *cough* I've got a 'real' plow that I bought off Percy for our burple TJ. I'd been putting together the setup before we sold the Jeep, it's now complete with TJ brackets and wiring harness. Plow frame needs to be modded slightly as it's the old style but everything else is there and ready to bolt on. I got a bigger snowblower last winter and don't have as much need for it anymore...could be convinced to sell it for much less than one of these is going for. :shrug:

--Ian

• It's nice too because it already comes with a bottom rubber cutting edge.

I had to plow with a rubber edge because the refinery was worried about sparks. When ever you hit a dry spot, it would shake every nut and bolt on the truck loose ( And your fillings too ) Took it off before the next snow. Of coarse that was a heavy 8' plow.

• How wide is the blade?

It's Fisher's narrower blade, 6' 8" I think.

Any guesstimate what the whole setup weighs?

Honestly no idea....it's the minute mount2 mount setup but not sure which blade exactly, I'd have to look when I got home. Couple hundred pounds if I had to guess. I've drug it around myself to move it before.

--Ian

• It's nice too because it already comes with a bottom rubber cutting edge.

I had to plow with a rubber edge because the refinery was worried about sparks. When ever you hit a dry spot, it would shake every nut and bolt on the truck loose ( And your fillings too ) Took it off before the next snow. Of coarse that was a heavy 8' plow.

Our driveway is about 100' long, gravel, and somewhat uneven in spots.

I'm thinking a metal edge would move way to much of the gravel along with the snow.

• Does the plow your looking at have adj feet? Most of them do. You would want to run on the feet only so the cutting edge won't be touching the ground. No matter what, a gravel driveway is a pain to plow.

Don't think it has feet.

A bigger pain to shovel. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!