GWNF Trip Report

• Everyone make it home okay?

I'll upload my pics to imagestation shortly (maybe tomorrow AM), and then post a link here:

http://www.imagestation.com/al…ctures.html?id=2127367651
    (These are the original, un-tweaked files, if you like a particular shot, email me with the number, I'll make it MUCH better, and email it to you.) There are more coming later. 124 total.

I'll add some text after I get unpacked, but I had a blast, the YJ did great, and it was good to see so many new faces. Give me a week or so to get past vacation (to Napa Valley!), and I'll start fishing for a late September date to do this again! I talked to some guys from a Range Rover club at Sheetz this morning and they offered some places a bit farther up the forest. I'll look into those areas as well, time for some new GWNF trails!

DrJ (yawn...)

• Sorry I couldn't ride with you guys this morning :down:
    I'm leaving from Centreville in about an hour, pics & more tomorrow.
    I had a blast and loved meeting everybody. Thanks to you "old timers" for taking this FNG under your wings and making it a great experience. :rollsmile:
    Can't wait to do it again :wavey:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Made it back okay. It was real fun and just a little wet. But all in all it was a great trip. You know besides the whole wheel flying off my jeep thing. Thank you to everyone who helped me out with that. I really appreciate it.

• Made it home, had some dinner, flipped through the Quadratec catalog.

Thanks to everyone for the wheeling help and the good company this weekend. I learned a lot this weekend about my Jeep, hung out with some old friends and meant some great people. It doesn't get much better than that.

I'll downloads some pics as soon as I can. The one's already out there look great.

• Made it home okay also. We had a great time and was good to meet and get to know some new people to the club. I'll post some pics tomorrow also.
    :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "wtyarnall"

besides the whole wheel flying off my jeep thing.

:laughing:

Like everyone else, I also had a great weekend! I finally got to test out my lift and tires, and play around in some stuff I would have otherwise been nervous about. It was great hanging out with everyone. Thanks for the fun times, and a BIG thank you to our fearless leader, Steve. You planned an amazing trip for the club. :)

:up:

• Stacy and I had a great time Saturday. She is such the sport. By the end of the ride, she said she felt like she had been in a 8 hour car crash. That is quite the analogy. I'm so pumped at what the XJ can do that I can't wait for the modifications to happen. Thank you DRJ for all that you did. It made for a enjoyable ride. :up:
    :flag: Chuck :peace: :peace:

• Made it home about 5:10, to a nice hot dinner and a crying little girl. The dinner sure beat my Twistaroni at camp. I haven't even unpacked the Jeep, or cut the grass. Just ate, bathed the little one, and fell asleep in the chair with her. Great end to my weekend.

Had a great time this weekend. The weather didn't even hurt us, we still got great campfire time both nights. Nice job on this trip DrJ, the trails were even better than I was expecting. Also, thanks to everyone for allowing my nephew Mike (the Dodge pickup) and his friend Chris (the Quad) tag along, they had a blast! My nephew had never taken his truck out before.

I'll try and get the few picks I took uploaded tomorrow. I'm feeling lazy tonight.

Also, thanks Troy for the great campfires both nights!

• Thanks everyone for a wonderful weekend! We really enjoyed the company and the ride. Sorry we had to leave a day early but we were all washed up in the camping departement. I was up all night friday bailing us out. I was impressed with all the things that we did, I did not imagine taking my "stocker" out on the trails that we went on. I was thinking of sending my Libertys trailrated badge back to jeep and sending them a picture of my DEJA trail badge!!

• Steve Great pics and a great trip.
    Had the day off from work
    Got the Rubi cleaned up and Inspected.
    Found that I crushed the oil pan and the exhaust came lose.
    Stocker event my ass.
    j/k,lol
    Steve great job.
    Look foward to next time

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

Stocker event my #$$.

i guess that your transfer case shovel (err, skidplate) wasn't the only think hampering your travels up that hill, eh andrew??? :peace:
    chris

p.s. let me know if you want to attempt a group buy at nth degree's oil pan skidplate :)

YES!!!!

Trail damage at GWNF!!!! It had to happen sometime!

Stocker event my #$$.

Andrew, don't you know it was stocker event 'cause stockers were the only ones without damage :updown:

I'm in on an oil pan skid plate buy (so I don't have to eat my words) :yevil:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "DrJ"

Actually my Skid Row covers the same area, right?

even more as yours covers the tranny too. the nth degree one just bolts up to protect the engine's oil pan. most skids (like yours) utilize the control arm bolts to provide front lateral support.........but i don't have those anymore.
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!