Nutserts

• So I replaced the clutch on my TJ over the weekend and snapped 4 belly pan bolts. Which isn't a big deal removed the old nutserts and ordered new ones from the dealer. Before leaving the dealership I asked " are you sure these are the right nutsert and of course he said yeah". Anyway long story short I have the wrong nutsert. I'm trying to see if anyone has any extra nutserts laying around for an 03 tj manual or know where I could get them locally. I'm leaving for a week next week and I need to get this done before I leave :bang: :bang:

Marcus Wilson

North Wilmington/ Talleyville

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

• They are not nutserts. They are welded nuts. U need to weld something in there to fix it. There are several different ways to do it. I have heavy duty insterts made at the machine shop of u can buy an Autorust Cap if the frame rail is rusted out and weld it in.

• They are not nutserts. They are welded nuts. U need to weld something in there to fix it. There are several different ways to do it. I have heavy duty insterts made at the machine shop of u can buy an Autorust Cap if the frame rail is rusted out and weld it in.

THe ones Aaron has are super beefy, cant tell too much from this pic, but 1/2" theaded / weld in inserts work great.

[img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=42819[/img]

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm not really sure what Aaron is referring to.

My TJ certainly has nutserts to hold the tranny skid to the frame.

The big flanged nutserts are no longer available.

What the dealer sold you are the replacement version.

• The frame is fine hardly any rust.. The replacement ones from the dealer are bigger than the originals and use a different size bolt. Which is fine but I'll have to drill out the original holes on order for them to work. I know I can order them from online but I was trying to see if anyone locally had them.

Marcus Wilson

North Wilmington/ Talleyville

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!