DEJA 3rd Annual Surf Fishing Tournament

• DEJA 3rd Annual Surf Fishing Tournament

When: July 3rd. Begins 8am. Ends at 2pm.
    Where: Cape Henlopen State Park. Herring Point Crossing.

Contest:
    A pool will be collected $5/person. It will be split for the biggest and the most fish.

All fish count (except your bait!) Skates, Sharks, Oyster Crackers, Crabs. It's all good!

Surf Fishing Permits are $50 and are available at any Delaware State Park with a ranger station. (Lums, Brandywine Creek , Henlopen...)
    It's a yearly pass and will get you into all state parks as well as 5 or 6 surf fishing beaches.

What to bring:
    Insect repellent, Sunscreen, dogs on leash, your kids, beer (in cans) , whatever you want that is legal and fun.

Steve

There is camping at the Henlopen camp site. I am staying at 154. There are other local camp sites as well. You can even stay out all night on the beach but you are supposed to be actively fishing.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I will be there. FYI, you can get a surf tag at eastern Marine on Rt. 72 also. They charge you like an extra dollar or something as a service fee.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• We're going to try this fishing thing... is there going to be a surf badge like the trail badge?

...and in Dover you can get beach tag at Boscov's (REALLY! ask at the sporting goods counter, near the golf clubs) with no extra fee.

DrJ

• how many rods are you allowed and can frends come to help with the fishing or can they only watch?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Surf fishing badges are those brown holes you see all over my Scrambler. I dont think theres a limit on how many poles you bring, not sure if theres a limit on how many you can actually be fishing with, or how many hooks per line (maybe 3?) I say the more friends you bring the merrier.

• I purchased the tag last week from Eastern. Total was $50.75. I plan on attending the tourny.

Anyone planning on being down that way over the memorial day weekend?

• Yep heading down Friday night and will be on the beach fishing Saturday until around 2:00pm and all day Sunday. I always go surf fishing between the Indian River Inlet and Dewey Beach, closer to the inlet.

• i will look for you i am going stripper fishing with a friend down in ocean city so i will keep the look out for you tomarrow i was thinking of going surf fishing friday while he was at work so maybe i could meet up wiht you give me a call if you are interested.

cell 1-(302)-383-2740

Chris AKA OMAHA

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I'm not heading down Friday until my 7 years old gets out of school. I won't be doing any fishing until Saturday morning.

• I wouldnt mind going..guess I need to join the club. I have started to do a little surf fishing, one little shark so far.

• Welcome to the boards Simon! :wavey: heres my Jeep wave to ya. Im in a red Scrambler with a big surfbasket on the front, usually tooling around between Reho and Lewes. I fish either at CHSP or Gordons Pond, if you see me on the beach before the tourney, say hi.

• well, thank you, Jim! I will look for you. Have been going to Broadkill lately, just because it's closest to home, but do go to 3R's once in a while. Mine is green with black top (sq. headlights), and fishing pole is inside strapped to the rollbar where you can't see it. :tup:

• is any one else going to try to spend the night?

• Quote from "omaha"

is any one else going to try to spend the night?

I might drive out and visit. I am camping at Henlopen. I can bring you out some coffee :)

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!