Leaf springs needed for trailer project

• As many of you know, along with whatevah, I'm also seriously cogitatin' on building an expedition trailer. Rather than go the HF frame route -- which may actually be smarter for a guy like me -- I'd like to make my own frame. That said, does anyone have a set of YJ leaf springs that I could get my hands on for cheap....or even free? Perches and/or shackles would be welcome also.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Keith, truthfully I do not know exactly how long the box will be, but I'm thinking in the ballpark of 5 foot.

ruquik, I just said YJ because I figured they were more common. But, yes, I would be open to other possibilities. I don't know much about leaf springs in general, and I know nothing at all about CJ2a leaf springs in particular. Thanks for the advice.

• It is what the 1/4 ton trailers came with from the factory. Most have lasted the last 70 years just fine.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Keep in mind that 'normal' trailer springs only run ~$25-30 each....eastern marine has hub/spring kits for ~$130 that come with both 2 hubs, 2 springs, ubolts, plates, shackles, and hangers.

• Ian, not actually I didn't know that. That Eastern Marine deal seems pretty reasonable.

Andy, thanks....I'll get in touch with you. I'd love to not have to buy or make the mounting hardware.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!