NEED - 99 XJ savvy mechanic/individual to identify/repair driveline vibration

• Hey guys,

Recently took a trip to Salisbury, MD (100 miles away) and back to new castle, DE.

Since I got back I have vibration when idling and accelerating that steadies out once up to speed.

I've done some research that stated it could be tranny mounts, slip joint greasing, u joints, and who knows what else.

I have a 4.5" RC lift with NO SYE installed and 33" Duratracs.

This post is looking for someone to help me out by finding what's causing the problem and even fixing it if it's something done easily enough.

Since I moved here from New Mexico I have 0 tools and no connections to help me get this done myself.

If anyone is kind enough to help out a fellow Jeeper I'd be forever grateful. I am willing to compensate this individual for their time and effort of course with a fair amount of $$$$$ and/or beer

I don't want to take it to an expensive shop or the stealership.

You can reply to this thread, or text/call me at 575-636-3935.

I'm Daniel and I live in the new castle area of DE. I'm willing to drive a ways if you need me to.

THANKS!!! :wavey:

• I would disconnect the front DS and see if it goes away.

At least then you know whether to start at the front or back.

Bad u-joint in the rear will do that. Without an SYE they won't last as long.

• Can not running with a SYE cause a lot of damage to the transfer case?

Kind of like asking "If I smoke cigarettes will I definetly die from lung cancer".

If your driveline angles are so severe that your u-joints can't handle the load it will pass to the transfer case.

• Kind of like asking "If I smoke cigarettes will I definetly die from lung cancer".

If your driveline angles are so severe that your u-joints can't handle the load it will pass to the transfer case.

I figured it was a dumb question but oh well. I don't have tools to be able to disconnect the front DS either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!