Quick Intro

• Hi everyone,

Excited to find this forum. I'm a Delaware native who is moving back to the First State after a few years in NYC. With moving back comes the necessary addition of a vehicle. I recently picked up a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L Limited from a dealership in Princeton NJ. 74k miles... 100% stock. While these guys gave me a "warranty", I've had problems with their less than stellar attempts at fixing my problems. I am looking for a private Jeep mechanic in northern NCC to take a look. My issues are:

- Whining noise coming from the rear over 50mph. Dealership said they "serviced" the differential, but it still does it
    - Shaking over 80 mph. Dealership said that they balanced, rotated and aligned. Still having the issue, just not as bad.
    - Jerking on and off when at a constant speed. Fuel pump?

Thanks everyone. Hopefully as I learn more, I can be a contributor.

Jesse

• Whining sounds like a bearing.
    The shaking over 80? I don't know..drive 70?
    And the jerking at constant speed, vacuum leak. Electric fuel pumps just quit.

• Not sure but i think that has an aluminum d44 rear. Honestly they are just loud. There may not be anything wrong. I wonder if its throwing any codes for the hesitation. Also u should check the cv shafts and driveline for lòose parts. It may also be the quality or age of tire.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!