• For my first car I really wanted a jeep and when I turned 16 and got my license, my parents got me a 95 jeep wrangler.

I know a little bit about jeeps, but there's definitely much that I need to learn!
    I was wondering if you guys could help me understand the points of making these mods to the jeep. I really want to go trailing and be able to drive on the beach ( I know this one is pretty easy )
    I really like these set of bumpers
    for my jeep and if anyone had these or look-a-likes please let me know. Thank you

• First piece of advice...know your end goal and buy with that in mind.

U will want a rear swing away bumper that will not sag, rattle, or fail with the biggest tire that u will have in the future. If u plan on doing rocks, u will also want one that will give u clearance and hold up under hard impact.

W/o knowing the specs of the bumpers u showed, I can't really comment.

I can recommend bumpers from A to Z fabrication. They make very sturdy stuff and are great to deal with. Many in DEJA have bumpers from them and are very happy.

Welcome to the fun!

• Determine which rear axle you have. The options were Dana 35 and Dana 44 for the rear. Dana 35s were inherently weak and when you put on bigger tires and start off roading it may break. People wheel with them but it's a matter of time depending on how you wheel. So you might want to research on that. An 8.8 is a popular swap for the Dana 35.

As said, determine what your end use will be. It can cost a lot of money to do EVERYTHING which is why a good plan of action is needed.

Tell us about your Jeep. It's a 95 so it's a YJ. What size engine, automatic or manual.....are there any modifications already done?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!