Damn , another radiator!

• My new 30 day old [size=2px]aluminum [/size]radiator had a blow out today, leaking bad right in the middle. Pretty sure nothing could have damaged it. Q-tech is shipping a warranty replacement. Just sucks.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I got a spare I don't need. Center cap for a cj. It was part of a lot I traded parts for. Once adding proving the folklore cj guys hoard parts. It's still in the box. My cj is driver side offset. If your interested let me know.

• Thanks. Getting a replacement, it just sucks, have get new straps fo the trans cooler and e-fan. Just an un needed hassel

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Found the culprit, Part of the electric fan had been rubbing in one spot on the rad and wore a hole it in. For now Qtec is doing the exchange, if they dont honor the warranty, I'll pay qtec and then claim it on my American Express, they will replace it as part of their buyers protection service. They wont care, just reimburse me . So i bought a new electric fan. Spal 16". Should serve me a long time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

• So... you'd make a fraudulent warranty claim after posting about it on a public forum?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• So... you'd make a fraudulent warranty claim after posting about it on a public forum?

Haha , not exactly, let me clarify, I did the claim before I learned what caused the failure. I will be disclosing that to Q-tec and have every expectation of making the claim on my Amex. Amex will cover the damage regardless. Part of their card services. And if Q-tech still wants to cover it, its all good.

Side note. I use my Amex for every major purchase that has the chance of failing for this exact reason.

Steve (sporting a clear conscience... for this issue anyway)

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Just to restore your faith that I am righteous, I called Qtec this AM and had them charge me for the replacement. then filed a buyers protection claim with American express. (this is legit.)

• Just to restore your faith that I am righteous, I called Qtec this AM and had them charge me for the replacement. then filed a buyers protection claim with American express. (this is legit.)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!