SOS! Need Deja approved mechanic in new castle county!

• My 2002 Jeep Wrangler broke down on my dad about 4 weeks ago and we are in search of somebody that can come to the jeep and diagnose what's wrong with the jeep. The story is we received the jeep with a clogged catalytic converter that pushed heat back into the engine and the engine blew up. Had 203k miles on it. For that we went to a mechanic that replaced the engine with a donor 4l inline 6 from a grand Cherokee with 80k miles. About a month later I took it off road, and I blocked a sensor that caused the jeep to not shift out of first gear. We limped the car around for two days, took it to the same mechanic who "fixed" it, and then 2 weeks later the jeep dies on my dad. Same mechanic says the second 4l inline 6 engine is busted. We now want to find somebody who truly knows the 4l inline 6 engine. Any information and contacts would be very helpful!

• As far as mechanic work goes you can PM Astape, Dugan, or Shadyluke. Not sure if any of them will come to you but they can all tow.

I'm no mechanic but have a good bit of straight 6 experience and would be willing to come by at some point and take a look at it to at least get you pointed in the right direction. I'm sure there's others on here who would also be willing to do that. PM me if you'd like.

• Any chance u can check for engine codes? Personally never heard of a cat causing a motor to "blow". Im just getting the remaned motor back in my truck so i cant tow for a few weeks but there r a few others that im sure can grab it. Btw u need fuel, air and spark to make a motor run. Air and fuel rveasy to check. Make sure the air filter is clear and clean. Turn the key on so the fuel sysytem charges and push in the schreader valve on the fuel rail. Becareful fuel will or should spray so have a rag over valve when u press it. If its electrical it takes a feul more diagnosic tools. Any chance u checked to make sure all the fueses r good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!