**DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek January 16th sign up**

• Let's do it this way:

1. altierior - blues and blacks, and/or reds
    2. jgray205
    3. Jmack
    4. dejeepfreak

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'm a first-timer so not really sure what to expect. If you guys would rather do more challenging terrain, maybe I'll pass this time, and look for one with more newbs.

• I'm a first-timer so not really sure what to expect. If you guys would rather do more challenging terrain, maybe I'll pass this time, and look for one with more newbs.

I wouldn't bail so fast, wait to see what the others want to run, not everybody is going to run the reds and blacks. My jeep is going in for mods this Friday and I'm not sure that it will be done for the ride but my buddy might trailer up his pretty much stock YJ, if he does we will be running greens and blues.

• I wouldn't bail so fast, wait to see what the others want to run, not everybody is going to run the reds and blacks.

True. I mentioned blacks and reds with wide-eyed optimism. I cut back my bumpers after learning that they wouldn't play well with my 35s my last time out and it limited me to blues. I'm hoping I have cut them back far enough to let me run blacks and reds again, but I will not know for sure until it is tested on the trails.

Presuming that I have resolved my bumper vs tire conflict, if no one else wants to run the upper level stuff, I'll be good with blues. I know how to take the harder lines for the challenge.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• This is for you guys and girls that are new to the club or members that may be signing up for your first trail ride. When we do these "official" club rides it is common that we split into two groups dependent on how many people show up and also dependent on your vehicles ability. We will not Surprise anyone running a stock or slightly modified jeep and say that you are running blacks and reds. We don't want to scare anyone away from participating in these events but we do want you to get out and experience the capabilities of your vehicle without tearing it apart on the trail, you will never be expected to do anything that you are not comfortable doing. If at any time you have any concerns or questions feel free to voice your concern to the person leading your group while on the trail or prior to the ride post up here in the forum or send a pm.

• This is for you guys and girls that are new to the club or members that may be signing up for your first trail ride. When we do these "official" club rides it is common that we split into two groups dependent on how many people show up and also dependent on your vehicles ability. We will not Surprise anyone running a stock or slightly modified jeep and say that you are running blacks and reds. We don't want to scare anyone away from participating in these events but we do want you to get out and experience the capabilities of your vehicle without tearing it apart on the trail, you will never be expected to do anything that you are not comfortable doing. If at any time you have any concerns or questions feel free to voice your concern to the person leading your group while on the trail or prior to the ride post up here in the forum or send a pm.

Exactly. On the last club ride, I guided the stocker/newbie group. We stuck to blues. Everyone had fun, everyone was challenged, and everyone emerged in one piece. For those who are new and may not have seen it, here is a link to the trail report: https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=41822.0

If you are a first-timer, I say this with confidence: You WILL have fun.

~ JD

• Would like to run blues and possibly go to a black if all goes well on the blue

You can't live life being afraid to break something or you'll never learn to fix it

• 1. altierior - blues and blacks, and/or reds
    2. jgray205
    3. Jmack
    4. dejeepfreak- blues / possibly black
    5. Slowpoke - blue/black

You can't live life being afraid to break something or you'll never learn to fix it

:tup:

• Let me add another perspective here, because less than a year ago I was asking these same questions. FWIW, I'm running a 4cyl TJ, sitting on 33's with open Diffs and not much else in terms of modification. Very mild rig compared to some you'll see at Rausch.

This is a great group to run with. My son and I have only been out twice, but thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The first run was a 101 that DEJA did last April. Starting out we had everything from bone stock to full-blown competition rigs, but quickly split to two groups. Heading out for our first "real" offroading, there was a lot of concern on my part about my driving, the rig, etc. Heading out on the trail I was following right behind sandtostand and watched as he rolled his jeep right over a large (to my eyes) stump that others were going around. He looked back and saw me leaning out the door evaluating my options, sized up the rig we were in and with a simple "You'll make it" we were off.

That simple interaction was the first example of assistance, but not the last. The group was full of experienced drivers who never hesitated to answer questions, spot a new driver or recommend a line. And in many cases when the ride comes to a harder line, there is a simpler route that the wiser among us might choose. Running with this crowd, I've developed a new respect for what my vehicle (and others) can do, become a better driver, learned a lot about the mechanics of my Jeep and a group of people to enjoy it with.

Come on out. You'll enjoy it. Now if I can only get my tailight/electrical issue fixed in time.

• 1. altierior - blues and blacks, and/or reds
    2. jgray205
    3. Jmack
    4. dejeepfreak- blues / possibly black
    5. Slowpoke - blue/black
    6. Concrete Charlie - Blues, occasional blacks

I guess we can evaluate next week to see if we have critical mass for two groups. The nice thing about Rausch is that there always seems to be an easier cutout to take if things look too imposing. Even if we don't get two full groups, I guess we could always branch off and meet up again at the next junction.

• From what I've read in this thread, I think we will do fine all together. So far we have six rigs. IMO, I would not split this group. Slowpoke and I can absolutely help out the less experienced guys and get them through pretty much any of the blue trails.

I personally don't like groups much bigger than six, so if we get four or five more, then we can consider splitting into two groups.

Jay, your thoughts?

~ JD

• I am getting the distinct feeling that the very mention of reds may have made some folks a little anxious.
    So, *POOF* gone:

1. altierior - anything :spinrhead:
    2. jgray205
    3. Jmack
    4. dejeepfreak - blues / possibly black
    5. Slowpoke - blue/black
    6. Concrete Charlie - Blues, occasional blacks

~ JD

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Exactly. On the last club ride, I guided the stocker/newbie group. We stuck to blues. Everyone had fun, everyone was challenged, and everyone emerged in one piece. For those who are new and may not have seen it, here is a link to the trail report: https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=41822.0

If you are a first-timer, I say this with confidence: You WILL have fun.

Yes. You WILL have fun... I'm still down with repairs to my brakes. The 16 year calipers decided to wimp out. More excuses for upgrades :) can't wait to get back out there!

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• Yes. You WILL have fun... I'm still down with repairs to my brakes. The 16 year calipers decided to wimp out. More excuses for upgrades :) can't wait to get back out there!

Brakes? You can get brakes done in time!

~ JD

• Brakes? You can get brakes done in time!

I don't have the free time right now. I'll be back out. Promise.

To echo more about the group... You altierior, when I was on that last hill and you asked if I was going to do it or not. I waited for a second and then said lets do it. When you looked at me and said "excellent. Let's do it". These people are great and will make you way more confident than you first think. My next run I plan on being on blue all day.

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• To echo more about the group... You altierior, when I was on that last hill and you asked if I was going to do it or not. I waited for a second and then said lets do it. When you looked at me and said "excellent. Let's do it". These people are great and will make you way more confident than you first think.

Thanks for the kind words. You did great open/open. It was a fun challenge getting you up that hill.

~ JD

• I don't have the free time right now. I'll be back out. Promise.
    My next run I plan on being on blue all day.

And we'll get you on on some tougher obstacles next time.
    :driving:

~ JD

• I'm up for anything that you guys can help talk/spot me through. Typical start time?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!