**Club comp & 101 Trail Ride 4/16-17**

• 1. Stafford - gametime decision on camping or hotel based on weather
    2. Whatevah - likely camping both Friday and Saturday nights
    3. Slowpoke - Sunday - Blues and Blacks
    4. Sandtostand - camping - I will take a 101 group (maiden voyage, excited to get jeep on the trail since long arm install)
    5. Kuntryboy816 - tentative due to a few minor issues
    6. JKGray10 - Watching comp - Sunday Hard stuff if jeep is ready.
    7. Erager84 - mild trails, booked hotel room (2 queens) for Saturday night if anyone wants to split it
    8. Knoxrents - Hard stuff
    9. Lisel - (Tentative) - Easy Stuff
    10. Astape - hard stuff
    11. JMack - camping, I may have a new guy with me so I may stick to the 101 group
    12. Tonka- camping, hard stuff Sunday.
    13. cj8 - camping Friday & Saturday, Blue
    14. Beachgirl and surfrider riding shotgun - Tentative , camping depending on weather.
    15. Skeets682 - Blkrubi. With FRED the rolling dog house (rv)
    16. jkjeeper - I'm up for the 101. I'll probably camp, and I might bring my jeep dog.
    17. altierior - Hard stuff

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• I'm planning to be there, do we have a sign up for judges for the club comp I'm up for helping? I think I have at least one more year left in me. Don't know if I'll have my upgrades done by then.

1. Stafford - gametime decision on camping or hotel based on weather
    4. Sandtostand - camping - I will take a 101 group (maiden voyage, excited to get jeep on the trail since long arm install)
    7. Erager84 - mild trails, booked hotel room (2 queens) for Saturday night if anyone wants to split it
    10. Astape - hard stuff
    11. JMack - camping, I may have a new guy with me so I may stick to the 101 group
    14. Beachgirl and surfrider riding shotgun - Tentative , camping depending on weather.
    16. jkjeeper - I'm up for the 101. I'll probably camp, and I might bring my jeep dog.
    18. Shorebird - Saturday help with or watch club comp, Sunday help with 101 or Blue/Black
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:09:34 PM by altierior »

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Thanks, I've been a little out of the loop recently! I'll may shoot off an email, or just show up and see if they need help. It would be kinda nice to just watch out team for a change

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. Stafford - gametime decision on camping or hotel based on weather [/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. Whatevah - likely camping both Friday and Saturday nights[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3. Slowpoke - Sunday - Blues and Blacks[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4. Sandtostand - camping - I will take a 101 group (maiden voyage, excited to get jeep on the trail since long arm install)[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5. Kuntryboy816 - tentative due to a few minor issues[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6. JKGray10 - Watching comp - Sunday Hard stuff if jeep is ready.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7. Erager84 - mild trails, booked hotel room (2 queens) for Saturday night if anyone wants to split it[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]8. Knoxrents - Hard stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9. Lisel - (Tentative) - Easy Stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10. Astape - hard stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]11. JMack - camping, I may have a new guy with me so I may stick to the 101 group[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]12. Tonka- camping, hard stuff Sunday.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]13. cj8 - camping Friday & Saturday, Blue[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]14. Beachgirl and surfrider riding shotgun - Tentative , camping depending on weather.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]15. Skeets682 - Blkrubi. With FRED the rolling dog house (rv)[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]16. jkjeeper - I'm up for the 101. I'll probably camp, and I might bring my jeep dog.[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]17. altierior - Hard stuff[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]18. Shorebird - Saturday help with or watch club comp, Sunday help with 101 or Blue/Black[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]19. dkirkley - Saturday to spectate possibly, Sunday 101 course definite, unsure about camping[/font]

• For the new folks, anything specific you'd like us to address during the 101?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

10. Astape - hard stuff
    18. Shorebird - Saturday help with or watch club comp, Sunday help with 101 or Blue/Black
    19. dkirkley - Saturday to spectate possibly, Sunday 101 course definite, unsure about camping
    20. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide- coming up Friday evening, spectating @ the comp on Sat, 101 course on Sunday, staying in a hotel

• I am changing my status to tentative. I am almost certain I'll be healed up enough and the orthopedist will clear me for the broken foot. But I very much prefer to not wheel on Sundays, and a group from NAXJA is running AOAA on the 16th, so I might do that.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

10. Astape - hard stuff
    17. altierior - Tentative
    19. dkirkley - Saturday to spectate possibly, Sunday 101 course definite, unsure about camping
    20. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide- coming up Friday evening, spectating @ the comp on Sat, 101 course on Sunday, staying in a hotel

~ JD

• Question I want to come up for the one on one but I took my skid plate down to my trans. Over the week and found out that the bolts that go in took some of the frame with it do you think it will be ok to get green trails it's not that bad but will having it fixed as soon as I get done that day Sunday will have pic when I get to work and put on the lift

• Question I want to come up for the one on one but I took my skid plate down to my trans. Over the week and found out that the bolts that go in took some of the frame with it do you think it will be ok to get green trails it's not that bad but will having it fixed as soon as I get done that day Sunday will have pic when I get to work and put on the lift

How many are are pulled out? Should be 3 per side. A few TAC welds should hold it fine for the sort term. Aaron welded in 1/2" threaded inserts to hold my skid plate. Much beefier than stock.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• anybody interest in learning about ham radio? There's a small contest on Sunday afternoon, I could bring my gear and set up at the campsite if anybody wants to check it out after we finish on the trails.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• anybody interest in learning about ham radio? There's a small contest on Sunday afternoon, I could bring my gear and set up at the campsite if anybody wants to check it out after we finish on the trails.

I was gonna buy one until Eric told me people like to rat out others that don't have permits. So I think I'll stick with some CB app on my phone during the 101.

The short answer is yes though. That would be awesome.

• I was gonna buy one until Eric told me people like to rat out others that don't have permits. So I think I'll stick with some CB app on my phone during the 101.

The short answer is yes though. That would be awesome.

There are different kinds of ham radios. The ones some folks illegally use on trails are short-range stuff similar to FRS radios. Fwiw, there is a repeater on the property, so clubs really should encourage their members to get a basic level ham license to take advantage of that. That said, the contest is using the long-range frequencies which is what ham radio is really about. I'll have a bigger radio and a long wire antenna... I've talked around the world with that, as far as Australia.

Jerry / Whatevah

• There are different kinds of ham radios. The ones some folks illegally use on trails are short-range stuff similar to FRS radios. Fwiw, there is a repeater on the property, so clubs really should encourage their members to get a basic level ham license to take advantage of that. That said, the contest is using the long-range frequencies which is what ham radio is really about. I'll have a bigger radio and a long wire antenna... I've talked around the world with that, as far as Australia.

Well I'm not going to be in the contest but I'll definitely look into the license for future RC visits. How's communication usually worked out with the noobies at the 101 every year? Just trail bosses talking each group through it? I believe I saw the 101 from last year on YouTube

• For the 101, we'll stop at various spots to teach how to properly go through a specific type of obstacle, along with stops to teach various recovery techniques. CB is helpful but not required for this, the guide will drive through the obstacle and walk back to direct you through anything tricky.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!