Tire option questions

• So I recently purchased a 2003 rubicon, I'll be putting a 6" long arm lift and some 35s. I have a few options I can get at cost so I'd like some feedback if anyone knows about them.

1. General grabber red label
    2. Mickey Thompson Deegan 38
    3.maxis bighorn mt-762
    4. Goodyear mtr with kevlar

• Cant speak for the others ...

4. Goodyear mtr with kevlar <-- I have these, Great tire , does not howl much , a little hard to balance , probably the perfect trail and daily driver tire.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thanks for the input, they are higher on the budget for them, about 350 tire. Still weighing options, I haven't had to purchase large tires for quite some time

Why so high? I think mine were about a hundred less.

Also, I vote mtr too. Mud, rock, street, snow...they have always impressed me

• 4. Goodyear mtr with kevlar <-- I have these, Great tire , does not howl much , a little hard to balance , probably the perfect trail and daily driver tire.

truth

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I've got mtr's on my jeep, wife has duratracs.. for more street use, the duratracs are top notch.. and very good on the trail. Mtr's are GREAT on the trail..and good on the street.

• From that list, only had the Maxxis Bighorns. Good tires... balanced with very little effort, great traction, quiet on the road. I had them in 3 different sizes on my old XJ and they're currently under my offroad camping trailer.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I've had the MTR's for about 18mo now and have zero complaints. I was going to order them from 4wd.com at the time they wer $202. Pepboys matched the price and beat it by 5% That was for 35x12.50r15. The 16" and 17" are usually more $$$. Be carefull with 16" , I found they are usually load range E which are super stiff under a Jeep and dont flex well when you air down offroad.

• I am running Goodyear MTR Kevlars on both of my Jeep's and can't say enough good things about them. My JK has about 70,000 on them and still doing OK. When it comes time to replace, I'll definitely get the MTR's again unless it's getting close to trade in time in which I'll just get something cheap.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!