CJ Flat fender options

• I have a JD2 model 3. So far I've got dies for 1-3/4", 1-1/2", and 1". It works pretty good, but it may take me a while before I'm any good with multiple bends on different angles.

I'm in the same boat. A old Pro Tools just came to live in my shop, once I get it cleaned up I will have my work cut out for me learning to bend too.

• I'm in the same boat. A old Pro Tools just came to live in my shop, once I get it cleaned up I will have my work cut out for me learning to bend too.

It does open up a world of possibilities! One thing I did is to put a mark every inch and then start my bends from the middle and work my way out. That way I could measure and tell what happened on the one side and repeat it on the other. It was pretty easy when all the bends were in one plane. The die on mine is just kind of floating in the mechanism, not really fixed solid. That makes it difficult to put in a bend on another angle, it's hard to get a good reference off of a moving part. I think I'm going to get some magnetic levels and angle finder to be able to check the die angle and the angle of the bent end at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!