Got a $50 giftcard burning a hole...

• So I have $50 in credit card rewards (yeah I'm a real baller...) and have been surf fishing a lot more now. The air stations take friggin forever and I thought about buying a 12v portable one so I don't have to wait in line. I would prefer one that clips to my battery directly just because they seem to work faster. I have 33x12" tires. Viair sounds familiar, and I recognize Campbell Hausfeld just dunno of your experiences. Any other brands that work well? I don't really want to install a permanent one just because it isn't used THAT much and portability would be useful around the yard.

Cost can be over $50 but I'm kinda tight and would prefer to keep it under $100.

Edit: [color=rgb(17, 17, 17)][size=13px]https://amzn.com/B005ASY23I Seems like a decent one and has a built in tire gauge when you power off the pump. Says up to 33's. Opinions?[/size][/color]

• https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=42439.0

If you want to stop over at the house and try it out, just let me know.

Huh, might go with the Slime one then. Seems to be a pretty solid unit and the carry case is great so it doesn't get beat and banged around with the surf fishing stuff. Pretty decent reviews. Do you find the power cord and airlines give you enough reach for a 2dr? Seems like the hose uses proprietary fittings so might be a pain to extend. Could always add a little to the power cord though (within reason)

A review says this thing tells you to NOT have vehicle running? Why would they ever say that? 13.5-14.4V would let the pump run better/cooler than 12.2ish V and decrease the amperage in theory.

• Yessir! ....and I forgot you're down south, so stopping by might be a stretch. :laughing:

The power leads would stretch back enough that the pump could comfortably sit next to the rear tire on the passenger side. The 20' hose would probably wrap completely around the Jeep. With the camper hooked up, it reached the tires easy enough with plenty of extra hose left. I'll post that pic in a minute. It inflated the completely flat camper tire to 50psi in about 2 mins (?). I'll have to time it with the Jeep tires here in the near future. Overall though I'm really happy with it!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Oh damn that's plenty of room. Might have to pull the trigger. Don't see any real downsides. A few DOA's in the Amazon reviews but I'm gonna play around with it at my dads a fair amount to figure it all out.

• The connectors aren't proprietary either. The hose ends screw on to the valve stem instead of the old push on and clamp type. It has the different attachments for inflating pool toys, sports balls, etc.

I got it @ a great sale price from Autozone. They had it marked down to ~$60 and then gave me a $20 mail in rebate.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I think the air hoses at the beach would be faster. I may take only 2 min to fill a camper tire but you will likely double that for a 33" tire. Ive used the air at the beach and they only take a few minutes to air my truck tires up to 80 lbs. I think you are better off putting that money toward a CO2 tank.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I think the air hoses at the beach would be faster. I may take only 2 min to fill a camper tire but you will likely double that for a 33" tire. Ive used the air at the beach and they only take a few minutes to air my truck tires up to 80 lbs. I think you are better off putting that money toward a CO2 tank.

I was looking at that a little while ago but thought a little 12V air compressor would be convenient and easy to just grab and go. If I had a trail rig or something like that I would probably go towards CO2. My issue was the 1 pump at Broadkill takes forever when you have 4-5 people lined up trying to air up. I could just park and do it there while everyone else waits for the pump. And the utility of only needing 12V power to run it.

With that being said, how much use could I get out of a 20oz paintball tank with CO2 do you think? That would be a lot smaller than some of the bigger kegerator sized tanks I saw pictures of. I'm already griping about storage space in my 2DR after trading in my 4dr

• I have the MasterFlow and I have been satisfied with its performance and reliability. I can't speak to how it compares to the Viair or the Slime.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I was looking at that a little while ago but thought a little 12V air compressor would be convenient and easy to just grab and go. If I had a trail rig or something like that I would probably go towards CO2. My issue was the 1 pump at Broadkill takes forever when you have 4-5 people lined up trying to air up. I could just park and do it there while everyone else waits for the pump. And the utility of only needing 12V power to run it.

With that being said, how much use could I get out of a 20oz paintball tank with CO2 do you think? That would be a lot smaller than some of the bigger kegerator sized tanks I saw pictures of. I'm already griping about storage space in my 2DR after trading in my 4dr

I was thinking about this while i was waiting for the 2 trucks in front of me to air up on Sunday.
    Ultimately it didnt take long for them to roll thru but I was thinking it would be nice to have a good 12v unit for blowing up rafts and kids beach toys.
    keep us posted what you end up doing.

• I was thinking about this while i was waiting for the 2 trucks in front of me to air up on Sunday.
    Ultimately it didnt take long for them to roll thru but I was thinking it would be nice to have a good 12v unit for blowing up rafts and kids beach toys.
    keep us posted what you end up doing.

I ended up going with the Slime inflator that Kuntry linked. Seems like a pretty solid unit. Reviews were decent, had a few DOA's in there for reviews so I'm gonna give it a work out around the yard this weekend. Text it out on a 295/70r17 from 15 psi to 38psi. Chose it because it has around 30ft of reach between the power cord and air line, inline air gauge (to at least get close) and a built in led light which would be nice instead of holding a flashlight in my mouth while i drool down it. Carrying case. The design has two pumps or cylinders so it seems to inflate as fast as some of the higher dollar ones. For $64.88 on Amazon ($14.88) after my gift card it's worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…age_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should be here today and I'll play around with it tomorrow.

• The Slime and Viar are 1.9CFM and the Masterflow is 2.5 fwiw. You're probably fine with not airing down too.

Yeah I went back and forth between them yesterday, I imagine I could skip the whole airing down all together usually. I just don't wanna listen to my dad or our buddy if i wind up stuck one day and have to get pulled out. "Why didn't you air down?" will be the first question.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!