Cost of 2016 or 2017 2 door jk

• So I am looking into buying a stripped new jk sport with the 16 inch steel wheels to use as a daily driver. The only options I want are an auto transmission, engine block heater, air conditioning and a tow package . Msrp on this is about 27300, what do you all think is a realistic price I could get from a dealer? Thanks

• There's not a lot of markup on Wranglers. I'd suggest skipping the tow package, since it's just the hitch and 4-pin plug... doesn't change the radiator, gears, etc. $441 is the factory price, you can get the hitch and plug from Quadratec for $90, and install will only take 30 minutes.

Invoice price is fairly easy to negotiate to, and that's gonna be around $700 less given those options. With more negotiating, I figure you can get down to around $25,500, but they'll try to make that up on the financing. Good luck!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• There's not a lot of markup on Wranglers. I'd suggest skipping the tow package, since it's just the hitch and 4-pin plug... doesn't change the radiator, gears, etc. $441 is the factory price, you can get the hitch and plug from Quadratec for $90, and install will only take 30 minutes.

Invoice price is fairly easy to negotiate to, and that's gonna be around $700 less given those options. With more negotiating, I figure you can get down to around $25,500, but they'll try to make that up on the financing. Good luck!

Doesn't max tow package give you a different gear set though? To 3.73 from like a 3.21. But as a daily driver that won't see bigger tires a 3.21 would probably be ok

• Doesn't max tow package give you a different gear set though? To 3.73 from like a 3.21. But as a daily driver that won't see bigger tires a 3.21 would probably be ok

This was my understanding too. I currently have 3.21 gears and can't wait to swap them out for something deeper like 3.73 or 4.10 (2013 Sahara Unlimited without factory towing package)

• But I think the base level tow package is literally just a hitch and wiring. Max tow gives you the gear change, from what I remember when I bought my 14 JKU.

Can I ask why the engine block heater? It really doesn't get that cold here and it's a gas engine. Not saying DON'T get it, i'm more so just curious why you added that to your list. They warm up pretty quick in my opinion. Way quicker than my 4 cyl import.

• Hey Everyone, really appreciate all of the views and responses. This is a big decision for me so i wanted to throw my rationale down here and if you all could let me know your thoughts that would be appreciated. So i wanted to get the stripped jeep bc i want manual doors and locks, and a basic ride. Obviously the cost is kept down too, but i didn't want to sink 30k into a jeep for me right now. Its just not doable at this point for me. But what i was thinking about the engine block heater bc i heard it reduces wear and tear on an engine. i want to keep this jeep for 10 years plus so i thought that would be a benefit, and at only $95 thought it was worth throw in.

My other two options of air conditing and auto tranny are just must haves for me. Personal preferences really but i like them.

Regarding the tow package I have no plan on actually towing anything, i wanted to get it to put one of those storage shelves on it so increase store for trips to the beach. since it will be a 2 door and no roof racks, figured if i could put a cooler and a few bags out back there on the shelf it would allow me to have a little more comfort on the inside and not be cramped. But if you are right and i can get it for much cheaper aftermarket, thats something i will remove from my options list.

I want to buy the cheapest tire and rim option bc i want to replace the 16 inch steel rim for the rims and tires from the rubicon. I really like them but not sure if the rubicon rims and tires would be able to be bolted on the the base sport wrangler with the 16 inch steel rims? ANYONE KNOW IF THATS POSSIBLE?

Finally, i didn't know if it were possible, but figured i would try my luck on a used 3 piece hardtop. if i could get one great, if not, then the soft top would be ok for me. Really want to get the jeep around the $24k mark. Not sure if thats possible but thats what i am trying for.

Anyone know if the 2017 will have any different options from a standard equipment perspective? if i can wait a few weeks and get a 2017 that will come with anything for free that i would have to pay for in the '16.

realize this is a super long post but again want to thank everyone for the views and responses. And BTW, the jeep will be red! hahha take care everyone

• I want to buy the cheapest tire and rim option bc i want to replace the 16 inch steel rim for the rims and tires from the rubicon. I really like them but not sure if the rubicon rims and tires would be able to be bolted on the the base sport wrangler with the 16 inch steel rims? ANYONE KNOW IF THATS POSSIBLE?

Anyone know if the 2017 will have any different options from a standard equipment perspective? if i can wait a few weeks and get a 2017 that will come with anything for free that i would have to pay for in the '16.

The Rubicon wheels/tires will bolt on with no problems.. same bolt pattern for all models. If you plan on going with even bigger tires (35") later, then bumping up to 3.73 gears would be good vs the 3.21 standard gears (will add $619 to the invoice price).

2017 won't have any changes to the base options, maybe a new color, but I haven't seen the specs yet. The changes are usually only included in the higher packages anyhow, the base model generally stays stripped down. The ordering specs will be out in a few weeks, can't hurt too much to wait (although the prices may go up a little). You'll have to order the Jeep regardless to get a true base model, dealers rarely order them, usually getting the "Sport S" package as the standard.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I have a buddy who had an Island Edition JK (2010ish??)... anywho, he really, really, REALLY wanted a hardtop for his 2 door. I did some searching around for him but it was near impossible to find one. The ones that I did find were averaging around $1k! Just based on my experience with that, I'd say opt for a hardtop from the factory if you really want one. It'll save you a ton of time and hassel, you'll have it from the get go and even though it might be a little more expensive than finding a used one, it'll be part of the financing and covered under your warranty. Just my $.02 :up:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!