Quadratop vs bestop

• Those are for different softtop frames. Which top do you have? The Supertop has an adjustable rear spreader bar that makes a Y shape that you can see through the side windows. The factory top does not (that's what the Quadratec version is for). Check out this link for an advisor tool: http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jeep-soft-top

As for top qualities... for your year, Bestop will have the best quality. Their standard tops are a little better, mainly with the stitching and zipper, but Quadratec has a better warranty. Still, expect either top to last 5-8 years as long as they last past the warranty period. Bestop does offer the Sailcloth fabric, though... that's a thicker material that'll be a little quieter and durable. But, at a premium price, as well. If you plan on keeping the Jeep for a while, and don't want to worry about lubricating the zippers a few times a year, go for the standard Bestop. Otherwise, the price is hard to beat for the Quadratop ($450 vs $310 for upper doors and tinted rear windows). I wouldn't even consider the other brands, lesser quality (thinner materials)... Speaking as a former employee of Quadratec and dealt with customer service calls. :)

Had to step out while typing my post and missed your reply. Sailcloth is a nice upgrade, but if you're content with the top you already have, you won't know what you're missing. :) It's the material used on 2001 and newer factory tops. Consider it if this is your daily driver and you plan on keeping it for a while (should last a little longer than the standard top, too).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• i currently don't have a top. Between a couple of the guys on here I'll have a factory frame. Didn't realize that the bestop I posted doesn't use factory hardware. It's not a daily driver but I am trying to make it nice. I really appreciate the info. I guess I have some thinking to do

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!