Need a lift for our XJ

• Our '99 XJ has just ticked over 100k and the suspension has some components wearing out. I'm about ready to drop a 2" lift into it just because if I'm spending money on new parts I might as well elevate it a bit.

• I was leaning towards a Rusty's XJ Cherokee 2" Add-A-Leaf Kit RK-200AL-XJ for $270.00

• I don't think we get a member discount through Rusty's
    • I started looking at the Rubicon Express 2" Standard Suspension System with Add-a-Leafs and Twin Tube Shocks Qtec Catalog #: 16300.804 Rubicon Express Part #: RE6160 KIT for $259.99

• With our Qtec discount the price would be a good bit cheaper than Rusty's kit

Does anyone have an opinion on which direction I should go?

I'm sure many of you will think we should go larger on the lift but it's just not what we need or want.

• The RE kit is a pretty good buy (especially considering the free shipping!), although check to see which axle you have. The kit comes with the D35 ubolts, which will be too small if you have the 8.25 axle. Start spraying the shock mounting bolts with PB Blaster NOW... even still, you'll likely snap off the rear upper bolts if you haven't had them out in the last few years.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I had the Rustys kit on my 99 but with the longer rear shackle rather than the add-a-leaf.. Only issue we has was a little drive line vibration right around 35 mph. We were able to run 30s easily. That said , I really like RE stuff, I'd probably go RE>

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I am a devotee of Rusty's. Everything I have purchased from Rusty's is of very high quality. I find that they specialize in Cherokee upgrades more than most other manufacturers. They engineer and fabricate their own stuff. Their customer service is stellar.

caveat: I have no experience with RE.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I am a devotee of Rusty's. Everything I have purchased from Rusty's is of very high quality. I find that they specialize in Cherokee upgrades more than most other manufacturers. They engineer and fabricate their own stuff. Their customer service is stellar.

caveat: I have no experience with RE.

Yea my brother put a Rusty's kit on his XJ and it's super nice! The lift is on hold for right now because we had some other engine work that was a higher priority crop up.

• FYI... Not mine... Some guy
    Brandon Meyer

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JeepPartsClassifieds/

Xj 3.5 inch budget lift $100
    Xj 3.5 inch budget lift
    3inch coil spacers
    1.5inch AAL
    2inch shackles
    2 shocks for the front, rears were no good

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• We went with the Rubicon Express 2" add-a-leaf kit and we're thrilled with the new ride height. The stock springs were sagging a bit so we picked up a bit more than 2".

Looks great. Now you need larger tires.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!