Inspection (3rd Brake Light)

• I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I haven't been able to find the answer by searching. Is there any specifics for a 3rd brake light in Delaware inspection, as far as the location of it? I know that it depends on the guy who is running the lane, but I have failed once before for not having it, and don't feel like taking a trip home again to put it on. So, i'm going to rig one. My question is, if the guy is anal and requires one, does it have to be at a certain height? Centered on the rear? etc.

I don't have a tailgate to attach it to anymore, so is it ok to rig a light to the vertical roll bar on the passenger side? Thanks for any info!

• Stafford is correct. I had one in my hitch before, but was failed because it was below the side lights. they said it "has to make a triangle that points up" right now, I have one in the center of my tire and it is only a few inches above my side lights, but it passes no questions asked

• Stafford is correct. I had one in my hitch before, but was failed because it was below the side lights. they said it "has to make a triangle that points up" right now, I have one in the center of my tire and it is only a few inches above my side lights, but it passes no questions asked

You should have told them that it was a Jeep and you were just being prepared in the event you roll over :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!