Transmission shop

• Just passing along a good experience that I had doing business with The Gear Shop located in Middle River MD. I had to replace my NV3550 due to a severe internal knock. These guys remanufacture most makes of manual transmissions and transfer cases. Most used 3550's online are going for a minimum of $600.00 and there is no guarantee that it is any good to begin with. These guys charged $895.00 for a remanufactured unit with a full 12 month warranty. The owner even called me before I drove down to confirm that I actually had an issue in my trans and not somewhere else in the drivetrain as he stated that he would hate to see me spend my money if I really did not need a new trans.
    Check these guys out if you ever need a replacement transmission or gear case. They also have an EBAY store/page. :driving:

The Gear Shop
    1107 Middle River RD
    Middle River MD
    410-477-4327 ask for Will

• No, did the install at Lukes...(Lightning Fabrication) 12 month unlimited mileage warranty in writing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• im surprised luke didnt want to rebuild it, they are so cheap and easy to do

• No, did the install at Lukes...(Lightning Fabrication) 12 month unlimited mileage warranty in writing

Usually engines and trans warranties require a certified installer to sign off on it and mail it in or its void.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• IIRC, I beleive DelTrans told me that they'd cover any malfunctions/defects for a year as well. It was just a bench build and I removed and installed the trans myself.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Usually engines and trans warranties require a certified installer to sign off on it and mail it in or its void.

Steve that is not necessarily true. unless things have changed I've done two Jasper Engines in my time and did the install myself . Jasper gave me full 3 year warranty

• Steve that is not necessarily true. unless things have changed I've done two Jasper Engines in my time and did the install myself . Jasper gave me full 3 year warranty

Steve that is not necessarily true. unless things have changed I've done two Jasper Engines in my time and did the install myself . Jasper gave me full 3 year warranty

You are right with Jasper, but read the fine print ... They all love to brag about their warrantiues, but when it comes time to pay, its usually a different story. Side note, Just bought a new LG 55" TV from Costco, 1 year Factory, 1 Year Costco, Used Costco VISA, +2 more years and bought a 3 year extended for $29. Total of 7 year warranty.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Jasper is/was great. Bought three engines from them total, All delivered to my home address. Had first reman 258 for three months developed a knock and started pushing oil into air cleaner. they had me a replacement block faster than I could pull the defective one. Their customer service was so good that I used them for two replacement boat engines as well. When I worked at the boat dealership they were the only reman company that we would use.
    The trans shop that I started this thread about does not do installs, they are a re manufacturing facility and that is all they do. The only thing that would void warranty would be if the wrong fluid was used.

As far as a warranty on a TV why bother??? what ever you buy today will be outdated tomorrow

• As far as a warranty on a TV why bother??? what ever you buy today will be outdated tomorrow

My 3 year old 50" died last week. A little warranty would have saved me $450.

• im surprised luke didnt want to rebuild it, they are so cheap and easy to do

I have an AX-15 and an AX-5 in the shop that I have debated rebuilding for the experience. In this case, the Jeep is being loaded on a trailer and headed to Moab. Probably not an ideal time for a learning experience, although I'm pretty confident it wouldn't have been an issue. Bob was able to get a rebuilt unit in a day and a half of contacting the rebuilder. I would barely have parts in my hands at that point. Not to mention if his had an catestopic failures that a rebuild kit wouldn't include. In this situation, it was the best decision.

• Side note, Just bought a new LG 55" TV from Costco, 1 year Factory, 1 Year Costco, Used Costco VISA, +2 more years and bought a 3 year extended for $29. Total of 7 year warranty.

Not to burst your bubble, but I am pretty sure that is not how it works. afaik, they all have language that states something to the effect that the extended warranty is 'beyond the original manufacturer's warranty'. I don't think they stack. If you read the language in those extended warranties, a '3-year extended warranty' does not, in actuality, add 3 years to the warranty, but literally 'extends the warranty' to three years, so in that first year you have the ability to submit a warranty issue to your choice of the manufacturer or to the issuer of the extended warranty. I'd lay odds that you have a lot of layers of coverage for those first two years, with a total of 3 years warranty coverage.

Sorry. :/

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Not to burst your bubble, but I am pretty sure that is not how it works. afaik, they all have language that states something to the effect that the extended warranty is 'beyond the original manufacturer's warranty'. I don't think they stack. If you read the language in those extended warranties, a '3-year extended warranty' does not, in actuality, add 3 years to the warranty, but literally 'extends the warranty' to three years, so in that first year you have the ability to submit a warranty issue to your choice of the manufacturer or to the issuer of the extended warranty. I'd lay odds that you have a lot of layers of coverage for those first two years, with a total of 3 years warranty coverage.
    Sorry. :/

I was skeptical, so i actually reconfirmed with a manager as well, he stated that it covers 7 years , and even laid out who is responsible for each year segment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!