cb radio options

• looking for options on a CB radio. all it will be used for is when we do trail rides with the club. has anyone used the Hand held cb???

• Any basic cb will due. I like mounted units with a 2-3 ft antenna , but any will do. Be sure to get one with weather channels.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Antenna is everything... the handheld ones are basically line of sight only (fine until the group spreads out). If you can, I'd suggest getting a magnetic antenna (on the cowl) and adapter to use it with the handheld.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I used a hand held unit about 5-6 years ago while at a different job. It worked well at short range. should be good for trail rides

• The handhelds don't cut it.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• thanks for the info guys.. I may snag the midland 75-822 as there is not much room to mount a CB in my new jk unlimited...

i know when i was jeeping before allot of guys had Cobra 75WXST this radio.. how are the reviews on them now??

• i know when i was jeeping before allot of guys had Cobra 75WXST this radio.. how are the reviews on them now??

Pretty much the same as ever... good CB for a Jeep, but the speaker is too quiet. You won't hear it on the road with the windows open or doors off. I have an external speaker that I use with mine, but for trail rides it'll be fine once you're on the dirt.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Pretty much the same as ever... good CB for a Jeep, but the speaker is too quiet. You won't hear it on the road with the windows open or doors off. I have an external speaker that I use with mine, but for trail rides it'll be fine once you're on the dirt.

I used to have a small external speaker like this attached to my roll bar. Worked great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RETECH…ation-Radio-/180880082208

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!