GWNF Stocker Trail ride (part II)

• Not that we're excluding anyone...just no whining if there aren't massive boulders and steep climbs.

George Washington National Forest, near Harrisonburg, VA (about 4 hours from Dover)
    Day-long trail ride (we'll likely stay over locally). If you're interested, post a couple of date choices end of August, first of September. Preferably on a Saturday (long ride home).

Again, this really stock-Jeep friendly, beautiful and FUN. I'm ordering trail maps from the park, and will post on http://www.delaware4wd.com, maybe Tony (Da Mutt), Alan or Erika, who know the trails well will participate. See Da Mutt's photos from last trip here:

http://www.delaware4wd.com/mod…ex&include=view_album.php

Please post dates in order of preference here.

• Great, Steve, when you can get a solid date let me know details and I'll put it on the calendar. Will you the the DeJA coordinator for this ride?

This will be a "badge-worthy" trail ride.

• I'm sure you won't get lost. But if you hear banjo music it's every man for himself!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'll go-probably mid to late September so it won't be so hot.

I thought I saw Alan climbing some bigger stuff in the pictures on DFWD?

• So...we're looking at the weekend AFTER Labor Day...anyone else?
    And Patti made a great point on another post, worth restating here, except for gas...this ride is FREE!!!!! No park fees!!!! Your tax dollars at work!!!!

Don't make us go into the woods alone with Patti!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• I'm up for going somewhere different. My only drawback is that I can't make any long term commitments because I work out of town alot.

• Understandable. We'll say September 11th for now. The previous weekend is Labor Day, the next weekend I have a wedding to photograph.

September 11th anyone? someone?

DrJ

• Sorry guys I was out of town for the weekend. I will have to look into the weekend of the 11th of sept to see if I can get off. I will be switching to a new job in august and probably wont be able to commit until I get to that new job so we will see. Ican how ever do some research and donate my map to aid in navigation to anyone who traiul guides if I dont get to go.

• Patti, is this a good weekend for you? If so, with one more person, I'll ask Andrew to post it as official. Anyone else?

DrJ

• Me ME and the jeep and maybe the GF.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Patti if you are looking for camping gear that is going to hold up and last a long time EMS, REI, and Cabellas are the places that you want to look 8 years in the boy scouts taught me to spend a little extra for quality.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I'm planning on going if I'm in town and I will be bringing a friend with his stock TJ. He went on the Paragon snow trail run with me and loved it. I have been trying to get him and his wife out on the trails with their jeep but its her jeep and she is not into rock damage. I have convinced them to go to this one because its suppose to be an nice easy trail ride. I hope your right DrJ.

• I won a bid I placed on a 13x9 "Coleman" (go figure) tent for $49.00!!!

So now I have the tent- we are good to go!!! woohoo!!

PS

• Quote from "fly-n-hi"

I have convinced them to go to this one because its suppose to be an nice easy trail ride. I hope your right DrJ.

All I can say is it was the easiest I've been on and I've been to both PAP and RC. Ask Patti, and Da Mutt. I will say the only time we were concerned was at Dry River...we crossed the river at about 30" deep. The photos are here:

http://www.delaware4wd.com/mod…ex&include=view_album.php

Relax...it's a Jeep.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!