2007 Jeek TK

• Quote from "BBD"

I wonder if it has a solid axle in the front?

many rumors were saying that it would go to ifs to match parts with the liberty and grand. but in one of the photos i see what looks like to be a lower control arm at stock angles. hopefully that means solid front axles will last the duration of the next body line :peace:

• I read that the "K" is the designation for IFS. If so it doesn't look good. On the brighter side, all you guys with solid axle TJs will probably see the value of your vehicles increase. :up:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

I read that the "K" is the designation for IFS. If so it doesn't look good. On the brighter side, all you guys with solid axle TJs will probably see the value of your vehicles increase. :up:

Liberty is IFS, but it is KJ. So the "-K" for IFS already doesn't work. From the few pictures I've seen, it looks like the new TK and TKL will have solid front axles.

• the K does not stand for IFS.

supposedly even daimler knows the wrangler can't be a good off roader w/ out a solid front axle.

there will be a four door wrangler

no more soft top. It will be removable panels

rubicon models may get the sway bar system from the power wagon and will come with 285/75/16 tires from the factory

bumpers are going to be intergraded into the body.

headlights and turn signals will be very Rescue-esck

taillights will be flush mounted.

this is what we were told anyway. No one will know for sure for atleast two more months when they take the cover off that thing

• It seems to obviously be a body-on-frame, so a solid axle would be a natural. I can't imagine they'd shun the aftermarket parts industry's most popular vehicle and make it IFS.

• I think there seems to be a little mix up here with the "k" designation. The new grand cherokee is a WK. It does not have a solid front axle. Hopefully this is not the case for the new Wrangler. Just a little FYI. Maybe they just ran out of letters? :laughing:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• I could have sworn I read that the K stood for IFS. :hmm:

Oh well, they say the memory is the first to go. I sure have lost a hell of a lot before that though.

I just can't remember what. :laughing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Nah, you're still sane. I remember it too when researching our Libby.

Really confusing? Our Libby is of course IFS...KJ, so go figure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!